Best Ryzen Laptop for the money? Wait for Ryzen 7000?

Streetguru
Go to solution Solved by Streetguru,

As an update I can't find a single laptop I like.

I found an MX450 laptop for like $300-400 open box, but I'd have to upgrade the RAM to 16GBs.

I can't find any Zen 3 laptops with 16GBs of RAM and a 1080p IPS display for $400

No Midranged Radeon laptops even exist. 6500M - 6700M doesn't exist at a reasonable price.

There's some 3050ti and 3060 laptops for $700-800 but I really don't need that much power maybe, they're also only 8GB.

There's a 6800M top end laptop for "only" $1200 and it seems to unironically be the best bet lol, but I really don't need a secondary PC to be that powerful or expensive although....if I wait a month I can justify buying it...

There is a $600 1600p APU machine, so I mean it ain't bad to be sure buuut...there's no way to add an external GPU there either unfortunately. I think it only had 8GB of RAM Though

The secret code for good cheap laptops is Ryzen 3 3350U . just make sure it has a 1080p and you can upgrade the RAM.

Holy crap are there too many options and considerations.

Does anyone know what the best Ryzen APU laptop for the money is?

If something is really cheap with a GPU I might go for it(3050 or above)

But I figure an APU by itself should give me the best battery life as well? It's mostly just going to be a media hub hooked up to an external hard drive. Might play esports games or do dolphin/PCSX2 emulation on it at most.

if I find something Ryzen 3000-4000 for really cheap I might go for it.

But for the long haul should I wait for Ryzen 7000? Or just get a say higher TDP Ryzen 5000-6000 APU?

Not trying to go higher than $600

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

• 2 weeks later...

As an update I can't find a single laptop I like.

I found an MX450 laptop for like $300-400 open box, but I'd have to upgrade the RAM to 16GBs.

I can't find any Zen 3 laptops with 16GBs of RAM and a 1080p IPS display for $400

No Midranged Radeon laptops even exist. 6500M - 6700M doesn't exist at a reasonable price.

There's some 3050ti and 3060 laptops for $700-800 but I really don't need that much power maybe, they're also only 8GB.

There's a 6800M top end laptop for "only" $1200 and it seems to unironically be the best bet lol, but I really don't need a secondary PC to be that powerful or expensive although....if I wait a month I can justify buying it...

There is a $600 1600p APU machine, so I mean it ain't bad to be sure buuut...there's no way to add an external GPU there either unfortunately. I think it only had 8GB of RAM Though

The secret code for good cheap laptops is Ryzen 3 3350U . just make sure it has a 1080p and you can upgrade the RAM.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?