Google Wallet keeps changing my default card

Panc

Hi there,

I acquired a Pixel 6 Pro last year and have been dealing with a reccuring issue with Google Pay/Wallet. I have two different cards set up on the app. One is for paying for fuel for my car, the other one is basically anything else. I set the "Anything else" card to be the default card and for whatever reason, the app keeps changing it to the fuel card. Googles support was pretty useless tbh. Basically just told me to reinstall the app. Issues still occurs. Someone help me pls 😅

Wait... Google has support? Like, with a live person?

Which card was added more recently? The app could be going with what was added more recently. If that's the case, I would delete both cards, then add the the one you don't want as default first, then the one you do want as default.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

1 hour ago, Panc said:

I set the "Anything else" card to be the default card and for whatever reason

How did you do that? 

Select card -> Details -> Set as default, I assume?

1 hour ago, Senzelian said:

How did you do that? 

Select card -> Details -> Set as default, I assume?

Yep and the app will just randomly change it to the other card

1 hour ago, An0maly_76 said:

Wait... Google has support? Like, with a live person?

Which card was added more recently? The app could be going with what was added more recently. If that's the case, I would delete both cards, then add the the one you don't want as default first, then the one you do want as default.

It takes some doing to find them but yeah they do 😅

4 minutes ago, Panc said:

Yep and the app will just randomly change it to the other card

Okay, and how do you usually use it?

In case you open the app before you pay, you will also have to change the order. Otherwise you will always open the app and end up using the wrong card.

If you do not open the app to pay, then the default card will be selected first.

I also use two cards (Credit and PayPal) and for me it works fine, but I also never tried changing the default card. I first added PayPal and later the credit card. PayPal is my standard.

Btw.: I'm also on the Pixel 6 Pro, Android 13 QPR 1 Beta 1, Build T1B1.220819.006