16 pin custom cables?

Nocturn
Go to solution Solved by CableMod,
12 minutes ago, Oblivion_Creature said:

Yes, the FE. Because this is just ugly:

B9E3C5C1-B147-4FF9-AA2D-48FFFBFA50CE.jpeg

Something else to note, it is recommended to use 16 AWG cables on the Nvidia FE cables, I believe the Strimers are 18 AWG unless something has changed on those. Worth looking at though.

Does anyone know, if any company similar to CableMod is selling the 16pin to 3x8pin cable, that does not look as ugly as the one that comes with the 3090ti?

They sell full custom versions of that cable (3x8 pin PCIe to the PSU modular interface), don't believe they sell the adapter AFAIK (though realistically, don't know why you'd want to use the adapter over a full custom cable)

30 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

They sell full custom versions of that cable (3x8 pin PCIe to the PSU modular interface), don't believe they sell the adapter AFAIK (though realistically, don't know why you'd want to use the adapter over a full custom cable)

Probably founder edition.
IIRC those came with a 16pin PCIe

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

11 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Maybe I am just blind, but where did you find that cable on their website? I am talking about the adapter cable that turns from a 3x8pin into the 16 pin

11 hours ago, Poinkachu said:

Probably founder edition.
IIRC those came with a 16pin PCIe

5 minutes ago, Oblivion_Creature said:

Based on what @RONOTHAN## said, Cablemod probably have a product (premade or custom) of that particular connector, straight to your PSU.
@CableMod, help us out here

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

13 hours ago, Oblivion_Creature said:

Does anyone know, if any company similar to CableMod is selling the 16pin to 3x8pin cable, that does not look as ugly as the one that comes with the 3090ti?

We do sell the 12 pin Micro-Fit PCI-E cables for Nvidia FE cards via our configurator page actually. These are offered in direct replacement cables (for select PSUs) as well as extensions. Let me know if you have questions. 🙂

https://store.cablemod.com/configurator/

12 minutes ago, Oblivion_Creature said:

Something else to note, it is recommended to use 16 AWG cables on the Nvidia FE cables, I believe the Strimers are 18 AWG unless something has changed on those. Worth looking at though.

Im using a Modmymods and a Micro Connector adapters on my rig.
But they are only a 6x2 cable. Didnt find a better one. But works all the same on my 3090.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz