Video Retouching

parinjoy

I ran media info on some of my archival video files ripped from a CD. They had .dat extension and I played them with VLC. Can anyone suggest a way of retouching them ?

sendit.txt

1 hour ago, parinjoy said:

I ran media info on some of my archival video files ripped from a CD. They had .dat extension and I played them with VLC. Can anyone suggest a way of retouching them ?

sendit.txt 2.3 kB · 1 download

The old school way used to be big photoshop batches.  Possibly with a plug-in.  There’s probably something better than that now.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

The old school way used to be big photoshop batches.  Possibly with a plug-in.  There’s probably something better than that now.

Photoshop for video editing?

3 hours ago, parinjoy said:

Can anyone suggest a way of retouching them ?

Depends what you want to do. If you just want to cut/trim something like avidemux or losslesscut will do, otherwise you'll need a video editing program. DaVinci Resolve is free.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

9 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Photoshop for video editing?

Depends what you want to do. If you just want to cut/trim something like avidemux or losslesscut will do, otherwise you'll need a video editing program. DaVinci Resolve is free.

Yep.  Frame by frame. Could get kind of monotonous.  You use a batch system to do multiple things at once.  Say you just want to darken a series or something.  There were plugin that could do things like select a particular thing over and over and do the same thing to it.  Thy generally had to be tweaked a bit though.  It sort of cried out for better automation.  There should be better stuff around by now.  It’s how the did some early Cgi too.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

There has been no reason to do things that way for >20 years...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

3 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

There has been no reason to do things that way for >20 years...

Probably true.  It’s all I know how to do though. There’s probably free stuff that is better than that by now. 

• 3 weeks later...