My laptop's CPU temperature keeps hitting the 100℃ mark while gaming and stabilizes at around 90-97 ℃. Is this good for long durability of my laptop?

UniversalDaddy
Go to solution Solved by DreamCat04,
2 hours ago, UniversalDaddy said:

As I intend to use it for atleast 4-5 years, plz help

Ambient room temp is around 20-30℃ and I am running fans at full speed(7500 RPM)

P.S- I have enabled my turbo boost(Had disabled it before but this specific game: death stranding has very high CPU usage

IMG_20220915_094920_540.jpg

As long as it just peaks to 100°C and doesn't stay there, nothing bad is gonna happen. It might cut a year off the CPUs lifespan but considering that a CPUs lifespan is like more than 10-15 years, you'll end up replacing the laptop before the CPU fails. My gaming laptop also keeps peaking to 100°C while being around 95°C while gaming. That's just how gaming laptops work, they are at their absolute limit.

What laptop do you have exactly and what CPU&GPU does it have?

Could you also install HWInfo to see your power consumption?

Ambient room temp is around 20-30℃ and I am running fans at full speed(7500 RPM)

P.S- I have enabled my turbo boost(Had disabled it before but this specific game: death stranding has very high CPU usage

-= Topic Moved to Troubleshooting =-

Welcome to the forum OP, please take the time to explore the forum and be sure to post you topics in the proper areas for the best replies.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

2 hours ago, UniversalDaddy said:

As long as it just peaks to 100°C and doesn't stay there, nothing bad is gonna happen. It might cut a year off the CPUs lifespan but considering that a CPUs lifespan is like more than 10-15 years, you'll end up replacing the laptop before the CPU fails. My gaming laptop also keeps peaking to 100°C while being around 95°C while gaming. That's just how gaming laptops work, they are at their absolute limit.

Edited by DreamCat04

1 hour ago, DreamCat04 said:

Thanks for your precious help sir!

I would like to add that the temps climbed till 100℃ and stayed there for almost couple of mins and falling back on 97-95 meanwhile which is very concerning (I was hoping they could stabilize around 85-90)

And the startling fact is, when I bought this brand new laptop 2 months back, it was able to maintain pretty low CPU temps, around 75-80 max(that too on default fan speed!!), and after 10 days of buying, it went downhill and temps started climbing till 90 even after fan speed max

Also If CPU would get no harm, would'nt components around CPU get hot and would'nt that damage them?

My CPU- Intel i5 12500H

My GPU (temps normal)- NVIDIA RTX 3050 4 GB VRAM 

33 minutes ago, UniversalDaddy said:

Thanks for your precious help sir!

I would like to add that the temps climbed till 100℃ and stayed there for almost couple of mins and falling back on 97-95 meanwhile which is very concerning (I was hoping they could stabilize around 85-90)

And the startling fact is, when I bought this brand new laptop 2 months back, it was able to maintain pretty low CPU temps, around 75-80 max(that too on default fan speed!!), and after 10 days of buying, it went downhill and temps started climbing till 90 even after fan speed max

Also If CPU would get no harm, would'nt components around CPU get hot and would'nt that damage them?

My CPU- Intel i5 12500H

My GPU (temps normal)- NVIDIA RTX 3050 4 GB VRAM 

34 minutes ago, UniversalDaddy said:

If they are specced for that kinda use, nope, shouldn be a problem
I would assume that shouldn't be an issue, but noting that there are gaming towers out there with failing VRM's (Looking at you Alienware), it is not impossible.
You have not provided the laptop full specifications
Things like
Model/product name (Zephurys G15 for example, if there is any)
If there are multiple products with the same name, please provide the config/product code, usually quite long string of letters and charecters
Not the Serial number (S/N)
Specifications
CPU
GPU
RAM
Maybe though HWinfo64, this is my laptop
image.thumb.png.49eda7d63dd9b7e2cb8d51794eeba662.png

2 hours ago, FinOxy said:

If they are specced for that kinda use, nope, shouldn be a problem
I would assume that shouldn't be an issue, but noting that there are gaming towers out there with failing VRM's (Looking at you Alienware), it is not impossible.
You have not provided the laptop full specifications
Things like
Model/product name (Zephurys G15 for example, if there is any)
If there are multiple products with the same name, please provide the config/product code, usually quite long string of letters and charecters
Not the Serial number (S/N)
Specifications
CPU
GPU
RAM
Maybe though HWinfo64, this is my laptop
image.thumb.png.49eda7d63dd9b7e2cb8d51794eeba662.png

My Model is Acer Nitro 5 2022 AN515-58

If Gaming towers could have issues than laptops would piece of cake then😥

On 9/15/2022 at 2:45 PM, UniversalDaddy said:

My Model is Acer Nitro 5 2022 AN515-58

If Gaming towers could have issues than laptops would piece of cake then😥

I would assume that would not be an issue, considering relativly low power consumed.
ANd noting, Alienware is horrible at their product desing on the desktop side. 
Looks at Gamer's Nexus channel, they have a good video about it
I would not be worried about itt, it should be fine