What cable extensions should I get?

ItzUknown

I wanted to get some sleeved cable extensions. Apart from colours and aesthetics I don't know if comparability plays a part.

I have a Be quiet Straight Power 11 850W 80 plus Platinum.

If it matters I am interested in some Black, Black/Grey, Black/White cables to be colour neutral.

Don't get extensions. Those things can cause a lot of issues, especially with high-end GPUs. The PSU is fully modular so just get a set of replacement cables in your favo colour.

23 hours ago, ItzUknown said:

I wanted to get some sleeved cable extensions. Apart from colours and aesthetics I don't know if comparability plays a part.

I have a Be quiet Straight Power 11 850W 80 plus Platinum.

If it matters I am interested in some Black, Black/Grey, Black/White cables to be colour neutral.

We support that PSU on our configurator page actually. 🙂

If you need help on which cables you need, please let us know!

https://store.cablemod.com/configurator/

On 9/6/2022 at 11:01 PM, --SID-- said:

Don't get extensions. Those things can cause a lot of issues, especially with high-end GPUs. The PSU is fully modular so just get a set of replacement cables in your favo colour.

There are replacement cables in different colours? Didn't know that. I'll look into it!!

On 9/6/2022 at 11:18 PM, Caroline said:

None.

If you insist and want to get replacement cables please avoid @CableMod 😈

If I would get full cables that run straight from the psu would it be better? Also why not cablemod? I've heard good things about them. Have you had any bad experiences with them?

12 hours ago, CableMod said:

We support that PSU on our configurator page actually. 🙂

If you need help on which cables you need, please let us know!

https://store.cablemod.com/configurator/

Don't think that anyone will see this, but thanks for the link, ill be on the lookout!

15 hours ago, ItzUknown said:

Don't think that anyone will see this, but thanks for the link, ill be on the lookout!

You're very welcome! 🙂

7 hours ago, Caroline said:

It's better than extensions for sure. It kinda applies to everything in the electrical world, you want a straight wire run from point A to point B rather than multiple short runs with connectors and stuff.

You can go on China sites like Aliexpress and get basically the same cable kits cablemod pretends to charge $250, for $50. Oh and let us not forget the splices for sense wires located in the middle of a wire with a black piece of shrink that kills any aesthetics you might want.

Read: http://jongerow.com/no-sense/ last pic is cablemod's "premium" cables.

Complete ripoff, it shall join Artesian and Silicon Lottery in the afterworld of scammers.

Only downside of China sites is that shipping is very slow, it can take up to 3 months for your stuff to arrive depending on where you live.

We don't actually put the heatshrink/splices in the middle of the wire on longer, more traditional lengths. These cables are probably in the 100-150mm range, which we do warn people when they ask us about, that the cables will look a little messier in the shorter lengths like this due to the splices when you are working with the pro cables, and which is where we also recommend our classic or SFF cables since those are cleaner. This is normal and you'll see that on other brands as well I'm sure if you look around. This is due to the increased thickness of the pro cables though, with the increased thickness you cannot fit the double wires in the same terminal at the PSU end, which is why they are spliced and heatshrink is applied. Just wanted to clarify that and provide the reasoning behind it. We do tend to keep the splices around the same distance away though at the PSU end, but again, on cables that are 250mm-1,000mm in length, they would be around 50mm away from the PSU connections in the same way, so they're tucked under the PSU shroud or behind the motherboard tray and out of sight completely.

I've used CableMod multiple times now, no problems. I have CableMod cables in three of my PCs right now. 

If you want something quicker, made state side, look at TitanRig.