Windows 10 to 11 Should I do it?

Henrique_mineiran

Hello, guys

Haven't migrated yet to to Win 11, due to being afraid of encoute any bug to break my settings and work flow. Based on the list below of my hardware and software, is it safe for me migrate it?

PC Hardware:

• Ryzen 5 3600
  • x570 UD Gigabyte
  • G.Skull 32 GB 3200Mhz XMP Profile
  • 2060 Super WindForce OC Gigabyte
  • SSD 970 Evo Plus

Most/daily used Softwares

• Adobe Premiere Pro
  • Obs 28.1
  • Logitech G-hub for:
    • G923 Wheel
    •  G502 Hero
    • C922
  • Stream Deck
  • Epic Games Launcher/Store for
    • SnowRunner
    • MudRunner
  • Steam for 
    • BeamMg Drive
  • EA Desktop App for
    • Battlefield 1 & 2042 (Sometimes)
  • Discord
  • VPN
  • App Center Gigabyte 
  • Grammarly 
  • Nvidia G-Force and Broadcast

Thanks and appreciate any experience sharing or tip in regarding migrate or not to Win 11

All apps that work with Windows 10 will work identically with Windows 11. You should have no issue switching to Windows 11. If you are updating from a machine that already has Windows 10, I would recommend a clean install of Windows 11 instead of the upgrade feature.

I personally wouldn't switch to Windows 11 at all, assuming you care about privacy and being rid of bloatware.

Ever heard of the Windows 10 Amelioration project? Linus Tech Tips covered this on their Youtube channel.

I wouldn't be so quick to jump on the WIn11 train just yet. I've seen enough posts from people seeking help with issues with it and so forth that I personally wouldn't risk running such a dumpster fire on a calculator. It's not like Microsloth has gotten anything right the first, second, third, or fourteen-thousandth time since the days of XP.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

10 minutes ago, Shutset said:

I personally wouldn't switch to Windows 11 at all, assuming you care about privacy and being rid of bloatware.

Ever heard of the Windows 10 Amelioration project? Linus Tech Tips covered this on their Youtube channel.

This is an interesting approach, but they made that video more for the subject and title itself harder than usability. This cut win version has emerged to every Windows since 98/XP If I am not mistaken they are usually made for low specs machines for work/duties purpose without internet connections necessities and things like that.  

1 hour ago, Henrique_mineiran said:

Hello, guys

Haven't migrated yet to to Win 11, due to being afraid of encoute any bug to break my settings and work flow. Based on the list below of my hardware and software, is it safe for me migrate it?

PC Hardware:

• Ryzen 5 3600
  • x570 UD Gigabyte
  • G.Skull 32 GB 3200Mhz XMP Profile
  • 2060 Super WindForce OC Gigabyte
  • SSD 970 Evo Plus

Most/daily used Softwares

• Adobe Premiere Pro
  • Obs 28.1
  • Logitech G-hub for:
    • G923 Wheel
    •  G502 Hero
    • C922
  • Stream Deck
  • Epic Games Launcher/Store for
    • SnowRunner
    • MudRunner
  • Steam for 
    • BeamMg Drive
  • EA Desktop App for
    • Battlefield 1 & 2042 (Sometimes)
  • Discord
  • VPN
  • App Center Gigabyte 
  • Grammarly 
  • Nvidia G-Force and Broadcast

Thanks and appreciate any experience sharing or tip in regarding migrate or not to Win 11

All of this works just fine in 11. Do NOT upgrade, however. Wipe your drive and clean install if you feel you need to move to 11.

Its amazing how much FUD and fear mongering there is still over nothing, especially from those who have no direct experience with something on their own. Hearing things then influencing others with those opinions.. that sucks. Anyway, we're almost a year since the public release and all three of my systems work just fine, just as they did back in October of 2021.