Mc bedrock new control scheme for touch?

Somerandomtechyboi

IMG_20220903_101154.thumb.jpg.45d6c55ae902acf11bb20daa4627bc4e.jpg

I knew there was a new control scheme for split controls in the works but didnt know that touchscreen would also have a new control scheme

I enabled it by setting the new control scheme in the options txt file under the minecraftpe folder from 0 (disabled) to 1 (enabled) while screwing around with the options txt to optimize gameplay (ex changing safe zone to allow for y axis to be unrestricted but x to be 0% at 0.9x so touchpad wouldnt be at a ridicolous position that would constantly make my yeet nyself into the void while playing but be able to use full Y axis so i can touch further down or screwing around with the antialiasing settings)

Spoiler

IMG_20220903_103514.thumb.jpg.f22062a3f7ce670332403d77baaa2f30.jpg

The one that says enablenewtouchcontrolschemes

So for the advantages over usual touchpad speed is now variable since its joystick so you can slow walk -> sprint, slow walk aside from sneaking seems to not be possible for pcs, and now you can sprint jump diagonally which the touchpad doesnt allow though unsure if pcs can do this or not, and also no need for a keymapper togglesprint cause itll keep sprinting even if you hit a wall

But sprint jump looks to be extremely hard due to the jump button position so ill still need a keymapper jump button and sneak is now toggle sneak which is a pain for using emotes while sneaking but that can be ignored and is only a me thing (underhanded strat of fake death emote into wall and just yeeting players to their death cause they cant see me, its built into the game and not unintended so i say its fair 😛), more of a benifit for everyone else since now it doesnt need to be double tapped to unsneak

Havent tested pvp yet but ill test on my moms phone cause this pos vivo can barely run 30fps (horrible for pvp) and the phone that i photoed a galaxy z flip 3 5g (aunts phone that my mom borrowed but aunt hasnt come back for it yet) is also a pos with absolutely abysmal fps consistancy and pretty much as bad as this vivo, very pathetic for a snap 888 may aswell just shove a 778 or 732 in it imo.

But looks to be a very interesting upgrade for mobile players, might even make them op if being able to hit you diagonally and place blocks through walls with 3rd person wasnt already op since now they can sprint w/o unsprinting when getting hit

Didnt bother testing split controls cause that nukes the main advantage of mobiles (touch everywhere and dumb sht like placing blocks through walls with 3rd person), maybe later if it happens to not be garbage

What? Another one? 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.