I didn’t break this but I REALLY want to

CPotter

I would never use the onscreen keyboard...  I need physical keys to be able to type and know where I am on the keyboard with the "home row" bumps.  

Anthony, that backpack ad "trust me bro" line was like the shirt, salt in the wound... The fact that Linus didn't see the issue and told his fans/customers to go f*#&# themselves was wrong... He sat back and laughed at how much he made off that shirt and how much he's making from all the peasants buying his backpack... If he doesn't get careful, he could see a crash of his brand like others before him *caughartisanbuildscaugh*... "and there goes the reroll" is just as bad as the "trust me bro" line... watch yourself Linus... I'd hate to see you lose everything you've built.

1 hour ago, mharris1984 said:
Anthony, that backpack ad "trust me bro" line was like the shirt, salt in the wound... The fact that Linus didn't see the issue and told his fans/customers to go f*#&# themselves was wrong... He sat back and laughed at how much he made off that shirt and how much he's making from all the peasants buying his backpack... If he doesn't get careful, he could see a crash of his brand like others before him *caughartisanbuildscaugh*... "and there goes the reroll" is just as bad as the "trust me bro" line... watch yourself Linus... I'd hate to see you lose everything you've built.

Idk you sounds kinda cringe bro, it seemed to me he pointed out how much they sold to highlight how many people liked the shirt. Lets also make sure we mention they had already discussed there being a warranty at that time, this was just a meme and you take it waaaay to personally. You are the loud minority, the majority of the people found it funny enough to buy. This might be hard to hear but most of us did not care about the warranty, and just assumed if there were issues they would be handled.

My name chef

I paused the video once I heard 2560x1920, a 4:3 Screen!

Prefect for retro gaming on the go, 1920/480=4 (and without checking my calculator 1920/240=8). It would be great for watching TV shows in 4:3, I love the framing of TV designed for smaller screens, more closeup shots, more snug with the main cast, this would be really good for watching Blu-Ray rips of 20th Century TV shot on film. But back to gaming, this would be great for retro arch with run ahead and remove the lag.

2 hours ago, mharris1984 said:

There's multiple topics to discuss this already.

This is an interesting laptop,although I don't see the point of having no physical keyboard, it's more of a folding tablet and trying to do any work typing on a screen isn't going to be as nice as having a real keyboard. Also an OLED screen is going to get burned in quickly on any static items like the task bar or any windows left open.

2 hours ago, Bi0 said:

Idk you sounds kinda cringe bro, it seemed to me he pointed out how much they sold to highlight how many people liked the shirt. Lets also make sure we mention they had already discussed there being a warranty at that time, this was just a meme and you take it waaaay to personally. You are the loud minority, the majority of the people found it funny enough to buy. This might be hard to hear but most of us did not care about the warranty, and just assumed if there were issues they would be handled.

Well in my opinion still defending Linus on not wanting to provide a written warranty is cringy.

His pointing out how many shirts were sold is missing the point, Luke had a much better understanding of the situation and pointed that out in the WAN show but Linus didn't seem to care about doing the right thing as a CEO of the company, just bragging about how many shirts he sold at the expense of laughing in the face of people asking for a warranty. If there was already a warranty he didn't need to double down on the "trust me bro" while acting offended over providing a warranty and profiteering on it with a tshirt.

And I have to doubt people not caring about a warranty on a $250 backpack, would you not want a warranty on a $200+ motherboard? Why is a backpack being sold by a Youtube channel any different?

I am sure everbody is aware that if you fold anything in half and then open and in half again, over and over it will eventually break . Anything. So seems horrible for the unaware or uncaring consumer but great for the corporation who can just keep selling a product that they have already calculated to break after whatever number of open and closes. Impressed I am not. What a waste of earthly resources.  i do not believe most understand  what it takes to create something like this . Minerals ,precious metals etc. Im just saying that maybe take a little time to find out what it really takes and who it takes from .  Rather than encourage this nonsense. I mean why do you think we are always at war ?  demacracy? Ha!! Yeah right.  My guess would be to steal natural resources to support our selfish lifestyle.  

13 hours ago, Blademaster91 said:

Well in my opinion still defending Linus on not wanting to provide a written warranty is cringy.

His pointing out how many shirts were sold is missing the point, Luke had a much better understanding of the situation and pointed that out in the WAN show but Linus didn't seem to care about doing the right thing as a CEO of the company, just bragging about how many shirts he sold at the expense of laughing in the face of people asking for a warranty. If there was already a warranty he didn't need to double down on the "trust me bro" while acting offended over providing a warranty and profiteering on it with a tshirt.

And I have to doubt people not caring about a warranty on a $250 backpack, would you not want a warranty on a $200+ motherboard? Why is a backpack being sold by a Youtube channel any different?

No ones defending linus's stance on not having one, having one only benefits all of us. I just said what you are complaining about is something he did while already confirming he had a warranty in the works, he did what you people where crying about and then made a meme about it. I just don't see how people still crying about when most of them were never gonna buy it in the first place.

Again you may be interpreting that whole we sold a ton incorrectly, while it's possible he said that to gloat i think it's infinitely more likely he said it to highlight how many people did not find it a problem.

Apples to oranges my guy, a motherboard is infinitely more complex and prone to failure than a bag. Every single one of those shirt sales is another person who likely never thought it was a big deal. If the product is half as durable as advertised it will last me too long to ever need to be concerned about it. plus if it were a sham they have a rma policy i would just return it. 

My name chef