Accessing Data from a RAID 1 NVMe SSD

BerenElendil

I'm going through a lot of changes as I head into my next year of university, and I'm starting to consider a lot of possibilities I haven't before, one such being the idea that I might not need a personal PC tower -- at least, not right now. However, I do have two 1TB NVMe SSDs in my machine right now, with some programs and files that I'd like to keep around. Unfortunately, these drives are set in RAID 1, and I don't know if I'd be able to access all, some, or any of my information off of just one drive or the other. If I were to install one drive in one of those external NVMe enclosures and connect it to my laptop, would I be able to access the data as normal, or does the file structure in RAID prevent that from being an option? In other words, does RAID 1 tend to fill up one drive or another first and then move on to the second, or does it split up the file information across both drives?

Raid 1 makes an identical copy on the other drive of itself.

Normally you can just take 1 out and see the data. The system will conplain about a raid drive failiure.

However just sonyou know. RAID 1 IS NOT A BACKUP IF THE DATA IS IMPORTANT HAVE A BACKUP