Alienware X14 or Lenovo Slim 7 Pro X?

koji

image.thumb.png.c16e65a51b8695a4e2e921e7a89bc9b5.png

Looks, clearly Alienware is the favorite.

Display, Hands down for Lenovo.

CPU, Alienware has a slight edge.

Battery, Hands down for Lenovo again due to the Intel Alder Lake issue.

Ports, Hands down Alienware though I'm not sure how useful Thunderbolt 4 is?

Memory & SSD: Lenovo

For the GPU, we'll have to consider how well the laptop is designed. Based on the video reviews I've seen, Alienware did a great job with their design. But I couldn't find any informative info about Lenovo's performance.

Any thoughts that could help me decide which laptop to buy?

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X | MOBO: Gigabyte B550 Vision D | RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision D | PSU: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750W

CPU: Intel is faster in higher TDPs. AMD is faster in low TDPs (like if you use a <20w TDP limit when you're on battery). And AMD is usually much more energy efficient.
I personally would prefer the AMD Chip, unless i need the absolute highest full Load Performance.

GPU: Both use only integrated GPU? AMD's Radeon 680m destroys Intel's XE Graphic. Big time.

Thunderbolt 4: If you want to connect 1 single USb-C Cable to a Docking station, where 2 4k/60 Monitors are connected, Keyboard, Mouse, etc.

If you don't need to have all those in a single Cable, you don't really need Thunderbolt.
With lower resolution Monitors, that would even work on the Lenovo Laptop without Thunderbolt. The USB-C Port supports Powerdelivery and Displayport protocol.

Thunderbolt would only give you more Bandwidth (40 gbit/s).

17 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

CPU: Intel is faster in higher TDPs. AMD is faster in low TDPs (like if you use a <20w TDP limit when you're on battery). And AMD is usually much more energy efficient.
I personally would prefer the AMD Chip, unless i need the absolute highest full Load Performance.

GPU: Both use only integrated GPU? AMD's Radeon 680m destroys Intel's XE Graphic. Big time.

Thunderbolt 4: If you want to connect 1 single USb-C Cable to a Docking station, where 2 4k/60 Monitors are connected, Keyboard, Mouse, etc.

If you don't need to have all those in a single Cable, you don't really need Thunderbolt.
With lower resolution Monitors, that would even work on the Lenovo Laptop without Thunderbolt. The USB-C Port supports Powerdelivery and Displayport protocol.

Thunderbolt would only give you more Bandwidth (40 gbit/s).

Both has a dedicated RTX 3050. And for laptops, they really vary in performance depending on the laptop design, power & cooling.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X | MOBO: Gigabyte B550 Vision D | RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision D | PSU: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750W