Corsair RM1000x vs RM1000e

Go to solution Solved by Guest,
3 hours ago, Andreas Pedersen said:

Hi, just a quick question, does anyone know the difference between these two power supplies (Corsair RM1000x and RM1000e) is it just the size or is there anything else I should know before deciding on which one to buy? I cant seem to find anything on Corsairs website that tells me what the difference is other than the size.

RM is rated at 50°C instead of RMe's 40°C RM and RMx have a Japanese bulk cap and a 10 year, instead of RMe's 7 year warranty.

The difference in the secondary caps between RM and RMe and RM and HX is that RMx and HX are all Japanese brand caps while the RMe and RM are a mix of Taiwanese Elite and Teapo brand caps.

Hi, just a quick question, does anyone know the difference between these two power supplies (Corsair RM1000x and RM1000e) is it just the size or is there anything else I should know before deciding on which one to buy? I cant seem to find anything on Corsairs website that tells me what the difference is other than the size.

3 hours ago, Andreas Pedersen said:

RM is rated at 50°C instead of RMe's 40°C RM and RMx have a Japanese bulk cap and a 10 year, instead of RMe's 7 year warranty.

The difference in the secondary caps between RM and RMe and RM and HX is that RMx and HX are all Japanese brand caps while the RMe and RM are a mix of Taiwanese Elite and Teapo brand caps.

15 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Alright thanks, do you by any chance know if custom cables made for the RM1000X can be used on the 1000E? I’m asking cause I’ve found some used cablemod cables that were made for the 1000x in my area and since new cablemod cables are quite expensive I thought of buying these instead.

7 minutes ago, Andreas Pedersen said:

Alright thanks, do you by any chance know if custom cables made for the RM1000X can be used on the 1000E? I’m asking cause I’ve found some used cablemod cables that were made for the 1000x in my area and since new cablemod cables are quite expensive I thought of buying these instead.

They all use Type 4 cables.

1 hour ago, jonnyGURU said:

Platform of RMe is identical to RM and RMx?

Does RMe have the same fan as RM or different?

1 hour ago, --SID-- said:

Platform of RMe is identical to RM and RMx?

Does RMe have the same fan as RM or different?

No.  And the platform isn't the same.  Not even the same ODM.

51 minutes ago, Gorilla Warfare said:

RME = 120mm RIFLE BEARING FAN

RMX = 135mm MAGNETIC LEVITATION FAN 

Only as it applies to the newest version of RMx.  

21 hours ago, IIIIIIIIII said:

It's made by HEC. Customized TPK.

https://m.expreview.com/84430.html

IIRC, 1200W is also planned and they will use the CWT CSZ.

Incorrect!  Thanks for playing.