how many ohms does my mobo support?

paquarri

My mobo is the h670 asrock pg riptide. However, i cannot find on their website the exact audio thing it uses. wanna know to see if i needa buy an amp

Depends on the headphones you're using but I've heard stories of people being able to drive 250ohm headphones with little to no problems.

80ohms seems to be the sweet spot however.

well.. what impedance do your headphones have?

most motherboards use largely the same design that'll drive most common designs, "normal" headphones are usually around 32 ohms, i'm sure up to the 100-ish ohm range you'll be just fine. past that it'll depend on just how loud you want to go.

on the flip side, if you're looking at the 600 ohm range.. you'll be guaranteed to need a dedicated amp of sorts to get a decent volume out of them.

You’re looking at about the equivalent of your average phone, should be able to comfortably handle 45-80 ohms at most, other factors omitted.

Especially with ALC 897 or 898, unless the manufacturer of the board specifically installs a dedicated amp to take it any further you’re kinda stuck at fairly low power output. 

Motherboards typically use 75Ω output termination resistors. They output maximum power into 75Ω headphones, and output less power into lower or higher impedance loads. However, there is little to no practical correlation between headphone impedance and how easy they are to drive, since headphone efficiency has a much larger effect on loudness than impedance does.

Listen to the motherboard output with your headphones and then decide whether you need an amp.