NVme installation

frozensun

Hi guys.

I just saw a video tut on installing nvme to my Crosshair Hero VIII on top m.2. slot and guy did not use at all screws (pic) which came with MoBo.

So I am confused, do I use them or not?

20220817_080310.jpg

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

You need one screw and one standoff per M.2 drive, unless its a 2280 size drive, because then you use the standoff and screw from the heatsink. 

But MoBo has screw on the heatsink...Guy did not use the screw and standoff:

So he did wrong installation?
So steps:
1.Remove heatsink,unscrew it.
2.install NVMe
3. install stand off and put screw,and screw it.
4.Screw heatsink with it's screw
??

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

8 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

You need one screw and one standoff per M.2 drive, unless its a 2280 size drive, because then you use the standoff and screw from the heatsink. 

Yep it's 2280 drive so I don't need screw and stand off...Now I get it...thanks.
It's KC3000.