Are either of these pumps good?

My budget is really limiting what I can get and I'm sick of waiting lol

Considering these two pumps...

They're just a constant flow rate and seem quiet enough.

Any thoughts? Any experience with cheaper pumps that aren't the top of the line D5's?

Also, since these are not digital-electric based... I could literally just splice in a potentiometer to get voltage control, right?

Both of those pumps are powered from a 3 pin fan header.  If your motherboard has a high amperage water pump header you should be able to control the speed of the pump right with the mobo.

Sorry to say I have no experience with those style pumps though so I can't help with the other questions.

1 hour ago, vf1000ride said:

Both of those pumps are powered from a 3 pin fan header.  If your motherboard has a high amperage water pump header you should be able to control the speed of the pump right with the mobo.

Sorry to say I have no experience with those style pumps though so I can't help with the other questions.

https://techreport.com/review/31172/msis-z270-gaming-pro-carbon-motherboard-reviewed/

"Four fan headers are situated within easy reach of the CPU socket: one CPU fan headers, one liquid cooling pump fan header, and two system fan headers. MSI tells us that the pump header can supply up to 2A of current."

Yay