Is my GPU getting too hot? Screenshot included of temps, etc.

WeirdHello222

Screenshot is after a long Valorant session. I've noticed that if I play for a long period of time, my Valorant will start to stutter. The weird thing is that this does not occur on Apex Legends which I thought would be more GPU intensive. I'm wondering if the Valorant stuttering issue is due to my GPU getting too hot. 

Dimmer_GxlRWk1nc3.png

2 minutes ago, WeirdHello222 said:

Screenshot is after a long Valorant session

After a long session?   GPU hasn't pulled more than 40w and clock speed at 1410MHz?     If it's idleing at 46.5c with the fans over 2000rpm then that does seem a bit hot.

1 hour ago, WeirdHello222 said:

Screenshot is after a long Valorant session. I've noticed that if I play for a long period of time, my Valorant will start to stutter. The weird thing is that this does not occur on Apex Legends which I thought would be more GPU intensive. I'm wondering if the Valorant stuttering issue is due to my GPU getting too hot. 

Dimmer_GxlRWk1nc3.png

While I haven't played valorant... yet.... It is an Indie title meaning that perhaps its game engine just starts to stutter after a long time. A good example of another game that does/did that was From The Depths. Playing for too long would result the game getting more stuttery and laggy.

These temps look fine my 980 had temps up to 80°C on max load. I would advise to run an benchmark while keeping an eye on your temps. They arent great but trust me they could be much worse.

If the temps get to high for you you could either check if there is alot of dust or if the airflow of your case is working as intended. I had once a problem that i installed my CPUfan in the wrong direction which resulted in overall higher temps until i noticed and fixed it.

One more question did you run Valorant while that tool was active? If not run the programm and valprant together and post the result again based on peek temperature we can tell you more.

3 hours ago, Dimondminer11 said:

Playing for too long would result the game getting more stuttery and laggy.

Yes, possibly due to throttling because of heat build up.

In your first pic, if that is your GPU doing nothing then it's too hot for the fans running over 2k rpm.  I'd expect those temps from an idle GPU when there is a zero fan / fan stop mode in place.

You need to run a full load while monitoring the clock speed and temp of the GPU.