Rat Pee on GPU Salvageable?

W_for_Wumbo

So around November of 2021, my GPU started bugging out and I found out some mice got inside my old case and practically urinated and left some mouse poop on the top of the GPU. I was still able to use it for a while until it just stopped giving out any signal. Obviously I wasn't able to RMA it. But I still have it and I was wondering if it's still salvageable. I don't know how to assess a card whether or not there was corrosion, so I was wondering if some of you can help me see if it is hopeless or not.

20220815_133532.jpg

20220815_133323.jpg

20220815_133252.jpg

20220815_133306.jpg

When I installed my GPU I initially removed the wrong expansion slot, but it was not one of those cases where I can attach it back in, so if I removed the expansion slot, I can't just screw it back in. I thought that wouldn't be a problem but yeah like almost a year later I realized the reason my gpu sa bugging out was because the mice were able to slip through that small expansion slot hole.

4 minutes ago, LWM723 said:

How did mice get into your case?

Completely ignores OP and asks about the mice. Love it!

to answer; those buggers are tiny and somehow are able to squeeze through holes one would not expect lol

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Seeing as it's probably shorted out anyway, wash the urine of with water and let dry out very well. It might work. And get a mousetrap/exterminator. Seal up that slot.