Corsair RM Series - Any Complaints?

Go to solution Solved by Lays,

People will complain that it doesn't have jap caps everywhere, but it has a 5 year warranty, so I'm assuming corsair expects it to last well over 5 years.

If they didn't, it'd be quite a poor business decision now, wouldn't it?

They're good PSU's from a reputable brand, if it has any issues corsair's RMA service has been good in my experience.

I'm about to order a Corsair RM650 power supply, but I'd first like to check if there are any complaints that anyone has about the RM series.

Has anyone been unhappy with it in their experience? Whether it be fan noise, coil whine, cable complaints, etc, I want to hear it! :)

Thanks in advance!

Madness can be a medicine for the modern world.

- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

People will complain that it doesn't have jap caps everywhere, but it has a 5 year warranty, so I'm assuming corsair expects it to last well over 5 years.

If they didn't, it'd be quite a poor business decision now, wouldn't it?

They're good PSU's from a reputable brand, if it has any issues corsair's RMA service has been good in my experience.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

They are price a bit on the high side atm, as you could get a higher-end, better build power supply in that same price range. But if you are able to get a good deal on it, the RM is a good mainstream unit if you are looking for a silent, fully modular unit that is gold rated.

Regarding whether there are complaints regarding with fan noise and coil whine...They did have a few (remember they sold thousand of units, so you bond to hear complaints), but in general, it is praised for its low noise among those who had bought it.

I hate the cables with a passion but other than that

I hate the cables with a passion but other than that

He cabels are awesome... They may be a little stiff but with a small amount of elbow grease it's all good. They look so great and are so sexy to slam behind the motherboard tray. 

I'm about to order a Corsair RM650 power supply, but I'd first like to check if there are any complaints that anyone has about the RM series.

Has anyone been unhappy with it in their experience? Whether it be fan noise, coil whine, cable complaints, etc, I want to hear it! :)

Thanks in advance!

I have build 4 PC with a Corsair RM Series PSU's so far. Ranging from 450 Watts to 1000 Watts. No problems what so every. The only thing is that the cabels are a little stiff but with a little bit of force it works just fine. Also it's dead silent. And the flat black cabels look awesome. 

The RM series is supposed to have no coil whine, so units that have coil whine are available for rma.

Thanks everyone!

Madness can be a medicine for the modern world.

- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

I've had mine for around 6 months now and it's great. Modular and hardly makes any noise at all. I can't tell at least when I'm gaming or listening to music at least.

Yeah i got a 'complaint', I no longer enjoy the experience of hearing my PSU fan ramp up. 

Serious note, the cable connectors especially the 24 pin connector were difficult to plug into the power supply. It was also difficult to remove it. That was the only problem really.