Task manager showing high memory usage but adds up to way less than my RAM

Stomy

I was not too sure which subsection to put this into, I have 32GB of Ram, but looking at task manager its showing nearly 25% usage sitting here. top 2 processes are around 1500mb and the rest is in 100 and less. PC still shows 32GB working. Any Ideas?685947817_Screenshot2022-08-12170817.thumb.png.1ef0d7b06d5d3941b95c94853e8abe9a.png

because task manager doesnt show *all* the ram usage in this list.

also, with the few GB used by your top processes, this looks about right to me for a 32GB system. windows will use memory that's otherwise sitting empty for making things go faster, stop worrying about "where all this memory is going" when you still have 24GB sitting empty, and somehow nvidia and logitech are using up 2GB of the 8GB you're actually making use of.

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

because task manager doesnt show *all* the ram usage in this list.

also, with the few GB used by your top processes, this looks about right to me for a 32GB system. windows will use memory that's otherwise sitting empty for making things go faster, stop worrying about "where all this memory is going" when you still have 24GB sitting empty, and somehow nvidia and logitech are using up 2GB of the 8GB you're actually making use of.

good advice thanks! Wasnt aware it didnt show all the use and was afraid maybe a module wasnt working correctly. Thanks for the info and reassurance. I get weirdly paranoid that my PC might not be performing correctly which for the money i spent on it would be a shame.

1 minute ago, Stomy said:

good advice thanks! Wasnt aware it didnt show all the use and was afraid maybe a module wasnt working correctly. Thanks for the info and reassurance. I get weirdly paranoid that my PC might not be performing correctly which for the money i spent on it would be a shame.

if you have 32GB and you're worrying about memory usage at idle, you're wasting time that you spent good money for not having to waste.

start worrying about memory usage when your workload of choice hits the 75% usage mark.