Router & repeater or mesh network help?

Hello i just updated to a 1gig line at my house and i have a trashy walmart range extender in my garage that is about 120 feet away from the router im getting speeds of about 120-150 which is fine but id like to upgrade to something more powerful with a wider range and that would preferable have a single network so when i go from the house to the garage outside my phone will just swap from one to the other im not even sure what i should be looking at there is so many products i feel like im just watching youtube videos but i dont even know what im looking for can someone help me narrow down this search.

thx 

Scott

Are you able to run a wire? Mesh can work but I wouldn't expect speeds to be that much better. It think 120-150 is pretty good at that range anyway.

You should be able to kind of make / simulate a single network by using the same SSID and password for the repeater.

"Single network with a rider range" is pretty much just a mesh system. If that's worth the extra expense, then by all means. Consumer Mesh was really just hitting the market when I was working networking, but Netgear's Orbi and Linksys's Velop seemed to be good choices? They might also have been the only choices at the time. Was google doing a mesh? is that still around?

5 minutes ago, Sjaakie said:

Are you able to run a wire? Mesh can work but I wouldn't expect speeds to be that much better. It think 120-150 is pretty good at that range anyway.

You should be able to kind of make / simulate a single network by using the same SSID and password for the repeater.

the garage is a separate building a little over 100 feet away from the modem unless i wanted to run a wire under my driveway its not a option atm

6 minutes ago, PlaywithGloom said:

"Single network with a rider range" is pretty much just a mesh system. If that's worth the extra expense, then by all means. Consumer Mesh was really just hitting the market when I was working networking, but Netgear's Orbi and Linksys's Velop seemed to be good choices? They might also have been the only choices at the time. Was google doing a mesh? is that still around?

yea i was looking at this system velop system here as a option https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YT5G7M7?tag=theun-20&ie=UTF8&linkId=b1aa8e50d6288c91ac1ec4f179304f53&ref_=as_li_ss_tl&geniuslink=true&th=1 i wish it had a max distance you can  space the 2 stations and still get strong signal instead of sq ft rating