Recommend me a cooler for i5 12400

JoeyButterhands

Currently running the stock Intel cooler on my 12400 in a Corsair 4000D Airflow with 3 intakes on the front (bottom fan blows into PSU shroud due to design of the case) one top and one rear exhaust fans. Temps in my system are okay (max 70 degrees under load), nothing amazing, but nothing concerning, however, the stock cooler is unbelievable noisy and I'd like to replace it. It doesn't have to be silent, but not sound like a jet.

I don't mind an AIO as long as it's not ridiculously expensive. I most definitely don't mind an aircooler either, but not willing to pay Noctua prices.

Do I need any special mounting hardware for LGA1700 or will this be included in most coolers?

1 minute ago, JoeyButterhands said:

Do I need any special mounting hardware for LGA1700 or will this be included in most coolers?

We're far enough into LGA 1700's life cycle that most coolers you end up buying will have the mounting hardware. I'd still double check to make sure it's printed on the product page before you buy something, but I'd be surprised if it didn't come in the box.