PC don't work after messing with RAM

DillmanEG

I recently got a new pc that's specs are better than my main PC. So I thought it would be a good idea to put some of the RAM from my new PC in my main PC. I did not think anything was wrong because they both used DDR4 RAM. So when I put the RAM from my new PC in my main PC it showed error codes on the motherboard when I booted it up. So I took the RAM back out and put it back in my new PC. When I turned back on my main PC it still showed error codes even though it was the exact same as it was before I put the new RAM in. So I messed around with the RAM and turned it on and off until I got it running for about an hour then it froze and crashed. I kept messing around with the RAM but now every time I turned on the PC it would either show n error code or get to the lock screen and freeze. So the only thing I could think of doing was factory resetting the whole PC. It worked for a while after doing that but then it did something new. It blue screened. Now every time I turn it on it gets stuck in a cycle of booting up then crashing or shows a blue screen with pretty much a new stop code every time. I don't know what to do anymore so maybe someone knows what to do and can help.

I tried using one RAM stick and it worked for 2 days then it blue screened and now when I try to boot it up it shows the error code AC. I have an Asus Maximus Hero X (Wi-Fi ac) Motherboard.

Try taking the ram out and making sure it's all clean before it goes in, you want to make sure no hairs are inside the slots as that can cause a lot of issues. 

I took the RAM out and wiped it with a microfiber cloth and put it back in it is still having the same problem.

Just now, DillmanEG said:

I took the RAM out and wiped it with a microfiber cloth and put it back in it is still having the same problem.

I would recommend using a can of compressed air to blow the slots to ensure they are clean, are you having issues in both pc with the same set of ram?

I took the RAM from my new PC and put it in my main. Both PCs used DDR4 RAM but the 4-digit number was different but I did not notice that till after I put it in my main pc and it started not working.

I cleared the CMOS on my PC and now when I boot with one RAM I get the error code CC and then 55. When I boot the PC with both RAM the exact same way it was in originally it shows the error code Ab and then 55.