Stuck in Republic of gamers screen

TheKpOkay
Go to solution Solved by TheKpOkay,

I got into windows after I opened bios and restarted the pc without doing anything. Though it did BSOD, this means that the ssd still works and that the pc can potentially boot? I’ll post the BSOD tho imma do my research but if u can let me know what to do next appreciate it!454A0991-5B9C-4A60-875F-3A81F40B3010.thumb.jpeg.89e4a31ded51a8204564f4762873800a.jpeg

Browser, version and OS: windows 10 idk the version

Steps to reproduce/what were you doing before it happened? I was rendering a blender animation project for the first time overnight.

What happened? I woke up to a screen like the one when starting up with the ROG logo. When you turn the pc on and off it sometimes shows preparing auto repair, but nothing happens (I let it going for like 40 mins or so). 

What did you expect to happen? Booting into windows 

image.thumb.jpg.6d4eb351a4da57cbbfcc4300c14f8fa3.jpg

Screenshots of the issue, if applicable: 

Any other relevant details: cleared cmos nothing happens, seems like the bios still works, The same error happens when trying to boot into media creation tool for windows 10. 

I feel like it’s something to do with my motherboard, the motherboard seems to be working but when the system tries to boot into the recovery drive the same thing happens so I doubt it’s the ssd’s fault.

3 hours ago, Robchil said:

boot into recoverymode and uninstall last windows update 

Il try it again but I remember it just freezing in the automatic repair phase and not going into recovery mode. If I have it wrong sorry.

8 minutes ago, TheKpOkay said:

It’s been stuck in this screen for 20 min.image.thumb.jpg.dd38e5ff57322dc2b8e9a68763452aa8.jpg

I had the same problem before with my Asus laptop.
In my case, SSD was the problem. Try booting using other drive it may work.

Okay, I’ll probably get an ssd over the weekend. Also could this be related to the armory crate update I did that afternoon?

That's definitely strange; it sounds like it's crashing when encountering something. Considering this also happens on the installation media, it's probably a hardware issue of some sort.

If you disconnect your SSD, does it still crash booting into the installer? If so, something's probably wrong with the SSD, but if not, it could be a misconfigured BIOS setting or another hardware issue. You can test for the former by resetting your BIOS settings in the menu; if that still doesn't work, then I'm not sure what it could be.

What happens if you try to boot a Linux USB? Does it still crash, and if it does, does it give out an error message of some sort?

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

On 8/8/2022 at 9:00 AM, NunoLava1998 said:

That's definitely strange; it sounds like it's crashing when encountering something. Considering this also happens on the installation media, it's probably a hardware issue of some sort.

If you disconnect your SSD, does it still crash booting into the installer? If so, something's probably wrong with the SSD, but if not, it could be a misconfigured BIOS setting or another hardware issue. You can test for the former by resetting your BIOS settings in the menu; if that still doesn't work, then I'm not sure what it could be.

What happens if you try to boot a Linux USB? Does it still crash, and if it does, does it give out an error message of some sort?

I haven’t had much time to work on this pc but I’ve reset the bios settings and still no luck. I’ll try to take out the m.2 when I get some time. Also do you think it’s worth trying to flash a newer bios on it? I’m currently using version 2423 on asus b550-f

3 hours ago, TheKpOkay said:

I haven’t had much time to work on this pc but I’ve reset the bios settings and still no luck. I’ll try to take out the m.2 when I get some time. Also do you think it’s worth trying to flash a newer bios on it? I’m currently using version 2423 on asus b550-f

It could work; I'd say go for it, but there's no guarantee it'll really fix it, as we don't really know what's going on yet.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

I tried booting windows media from usb without the ssd installed, the results were no different from before. I think I’m going to bios flash later, i have a good feeling that the motherboard is the faulty one.

I flashed the newest version of the bios and it still doesn’t boot into windows. I’m going to see if I can try using the media tool now that I updated.

I got into windows after I opened bios and restarted the pc without doing anything. Though it did BSOD, this means that the ssd still works and that the pc can potentially boot? I’ll post the BSOD tho imma do my research but if u can let me know what to do next appreciate it!454A0991-5B9C-4A60-875F-3A81F40B3010.thumb.jpeg.89e4a31ded51a8204564f4762873800a.jpeg

Thank you to everyone that helped. I think I got everything fixed, the issue seemed to be both ssd and the motherboard. From what I’m guessing, when Armory crate automatically updated it probably became un comparable with the old bios I had causing my pc to crash mid windows update / blender scene rendering which made windows corrupted. I’m not sure why it wouldn’t read off of the ssd at first but I’m able to get into windows, though it seems like I’m getting BSOD every 5 min but that’s an ez fix so I will mark this resolved!