Titanfall, now NOT hyped!

MadZee

OK, what is your non-hyped opinion of Titanfall?

I find it quite boring. After a few hours of play, everything seems the same. The lack of customization is a weak spot, as well as the bland level design. The fairly washed-out graphics don't help either.

One good thing is that this is an attempt at reviving twitch shooters. A sort of sub-par one by late 90s standards, but an attempt nonetheless.

CPU: i5 2500K (@ stock for now) GPU: Gigabyte GTX650Ti OC MOBO: Intel P67 RAM: 2x4GB Kingston (@1333MHz) PSU: 550w Xilence CASE: Generic :D MONITOR: Dell U2412M (24', 1200p 16:10) MOUSE: Acme something KB: Logitech K260

OK, what is your non-hyped opinion of Titanfall?

I find it quite boring. After a few hours of play, everything seems the same. The lack of customization is a weak spot, as well as the bland level design. The fairly washed-out graphics don't help either.

One good thing is that this is an attempt at reviving twitch shooters. A sort of sub-par one by late 90s standards, but an attempt nonetheless.

I found it alright for the first bit.

However there are too* many faggots scrubs who use the shotty/smart pistol.

Haven't played it since the week after it released.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Didn´t play it myself yet but i saw a friend play it for like an hour or so. Found it quiet nice honestly but that could be because i watched him play instead of playing it myself so... Looking forward to trying it out but i also think it´s too hyped and the game isn´t that great.

Interested in Business and Technology

I really really like the game, yeah its got its issues, but none the less it's fun enough for me to keep playing it every night after work

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I agree, it does get quite repetitive, also it has the worst campaign I have ever played.

My PC:

4670k      GTX 760 ACX      CoolerMaster Hyper 412s      Fractal Design Node 804      G1 Sniper M5      Corsair RM 650      WD Red 1TB     Samsung 840 Evo 120GB

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

If felt like a modern shooter (Call of Duty mainly (not saying it's a CoD clone, just felt like a CoD game)) but with some twists (obviously the Titans, then the bots).

If it had actual customization options, I'd probably buy it.

Blacklight: Retribution spoiled me with FPS customization.

I found it repetitive and not very fun in the beta, so I never played it again...

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Damn that's a lot of problems you had getting it to work. mine installed and plays with zero issues . Strange how you had so many problems with it :(

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

Damn that's a lot of problems you had getting it to work. mine installed and plays with zero issues . Strange how you had so many problems with it :(

I never did get it to work :/

I just gave up, accepted that I wasted 35$. I really don't like EA...

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

I hated it before I played it. Then played the beta and really enjoyed it. Haven't played it since.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

I enjoyed what I played of the Beta. 

Say what you will, adding the wall running and jet packs to an FPS did make it fun. I found the bots made it feel like a war zone, so you could never really get off on the other side of a map from everyone else and feel like you were alone in the map (something I hate about FPS multiplayer games). 

Obviously I didn't play it that long, but hey, it was very fun for what I did play. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I never did get it to work :/

I just gave up, accepted that I wasted 35$. I really don't like EA...

Damn bro that is terrible :( I see why in your first thread you where so pissed

Played the beta for six hours, and that is what I am forming my opinion on.

Eh just like cod but with robots that arent very fun or effective to use, you just put then in guard mode by a hard point and it is a garenteed win. Lack of sray on automatic weapons, free running had a disgustingly low skill sealing and the melee was an insta kill.

Twitter | Steam |

I hated it before I played it. Then played the beta and really enjoyed it. Haven't played it since.

/offtopic

Did you get that avatar from one of my posts by any chance? I remember using that a few times a while back :P

It somehow managed to be worse than Call of duty.

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Thankfully I'm not the only one who dislikes it. Thanks for the replies!

This got me wondering- why does EA like to release unfinished games? BF4 first, then Titanfall with almost no content...

Well, gotta go play Quake live (a REAL twitcher, 'nahwamsayin')

CPU: i5 2500K (@ stock for now) GPU: Gigabyte GTX650Ti OC MOBO: Intel P67 RAM: 2x4GB Kingston (@1333MHz) PSU: 550w Xilence CASE: Generic :D MONITOR: Dell U2412M (24', 1200p 16:10) MOUSE: Acme something KB: Logitech K260

Damn bro that is terrible :( I see why in your first thread you where so pissed

Yeah it sucks, that was EA's final chance. Out of the 4 games I have on Origin, 3 have/had game breaking issues. Yet I have never had a single issue with 100+ steam games. It's quite ridiculous. Definitely not buying anything from EA again.

Yeah it sucks, that was EA's final chance. Out of the 4 games I have on Origin, 3 have/had game breaking issues. Yet I have never had a single issue with 100+ steam games. It's quite ridiculous. Definitely not buying anything from EA again.

I do not blame you, I only have 3 games on Origin, Crysis 3, DeadSpace ( only because it was free :) ) and Titanfall. Every other game I have is on steam as well. Love steam :)

When I first saw it and didnt have it I was like: "this is just cod with mechs". But all the people were like "no its much more than that you're just a hater play it before you say sh*t like that". So I'm like alright you're right I have to play it and not just diss it right off the bat. So I bought it.....It's f*cking COD with mechs I was right! Waste of my money! Oh and this game has such small amount of content that it should still be a Beta.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I do not blame you, I only have 3 games on Origin, Crysis 3, DeadSpace ( only because it was free :) ) and Titanfall. Every other game I have is on steam as well. Love steam :)

I had a Steam game that doesn't work properly if you have AdobeCC open... great game you got there...