Thermalright LGA 1700 CPU contact frame - worth it for an i3 12100f?

I've already purchased both CPU and contact frame, but I wondering if the i3 would need it? 

And installation-wise, does anyone have any tips? Thermalright have their own video but it's not very detailed in terms of how tight the screws should be, and I don't want to compare it to thermal grizzly's, plus I don't own a torque driver

You already bought it, you might as well use it. You can always reuse it if you upgrade your CPU in the future.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Is it worth it? Probably not for that kind of cpu. Overall they seem to be pretty much for those in the know how and with the proper tooling, but this is how you learn to do that. Generally for those its a follow the directions carefully and see what works best. I assume you bought them following the gamers nexus video, so just follow the directions they did.

16 minutes ago, Cracker_T said:

I've already purchased both CPU and contact frame, but I wondering if the i3 would need it? 

And installation-wise, does anyone have any tips? Thermalright have their own video but it's not very detailed in terms of how tight the screws should be, and I don't want to compare it to thermal grizzly's, plus I don't own a torque driver

You already purchased it so asking whether it's worth using or not is irrelevant. Follow this link 

to Gamers Nexus' video about the contact frame, it starts directly at the guide on how to install it.

23 minutes ago, Cracker_T said:

Personally, I don't think it's worth the trouble of installing it for that kind of CPU.

But if you are hell bent on using it. I think painter's tape & marker gonna be useful.
I don't own the plate, nor alder lake. It's just what I think will be helpful to do to install it, after watching GamersNexus video about it & thermal grizzly's.

I'd lay a painter tape over the plate's holes, then make a hole on the tape where the screw hole is.
Mark the tape with lines around each hole, just like thermal grizzly.
Mark the screw.
Install it like thermal grizzly's (using the lines as a pressure distribution marker & pseudo torque counter)
Take off the painter's tape.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

2 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Is it worth it? Probably not for that kind of cpu. Overall they seem to be pretty much for those in the know how and with the proper tooling, but this is how you learn to do that. Generally for those its a follow the directions carefully and see what works best. I assume you bought them following the gamers nexus video, so just follow the directions they did.

I mean if you get it from aliexpress for $5 it's worth it on any cpu honestly. Especially since non-k oc is possible on some boards (msi has a cheap one capable of that, it supports ddr4)

6 minutes ago, ExalyThor said:

I mean if you get it from aliexpress for $5 it's worth it on any cpu honestly. Especially since non-k oc is possible on some boards (msi has a cheap one capable of that, it supports ddr4)

I've purchased the MSI PRO B660M-A DDR4. That's a budget one with pretty good reviews