Where to buy music?

FizzyFantom

I want to buy some music from certain artists, and I am aware that they are selling their music on ITunes, but I am reluctant to give Apple any of my money as I don't know what kind of a cut they will take.

Can anyone recommend a site from which I can buy these tracks knowing that the artist will get the majority of my payment. I know about Beatport and Bandcamp and any information about these or others you know of would be useful.

Many thanks, FizzyFantom :)

Edit: I can't find the tracks I want on Bandcamp, does anyone have experience with Beatport? Do they allow direct digital downloads?

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

I want to buy some music from certain artists, and I am aware that they are selling their music on ITunes, but I am reluctant to give Apple any of my money as I don't know what kind of a cut they will take.

Can anyone recommend a site from which I can buy these tracks knowing that the artist will get the majority of my payment. I know about Beatport and Bandcamp and any information about these or others you know of would be useful.

Many thanks, FizzyFantom :)

Edit: I can't find the tracks I want on Bandcamp, does anyone have experience with Beatport? Do they allow direct digital downloads?

Apple takes a 30% cut

Well, it is only 99 cent a song, how much money could apple get? lol. I use itunes because most of the artist are like" come get our song at itunes, or official website". I've never use the other but I can tell iTunes is pretty good, some songs are as cheap as 69 cent. And man, why do some songs at Beatport cost 50 cents more?

-Desktop: Asrock H81M-HDS R2.0, Pentium G3258 4.2 ghz OC, Palit GTX 750 ti StormX, Kingston HyperX Fury 1600 4gb, Seagate Baracuda
-Laptop: MSI GE620DX, i72670QM 2.2 Ghz, 8GB 1333mhz Ram, GT555M 2GB DDR3.
-Gaming peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013, Superlux HD 681 Evo Razer Goliathus Control Medium sizeCm Storm Quickfire TK white edition.

Well, it is only 99 cent a song, how much money could apple get? lol. I use itunes because most of the artist are like" come get our song at itunes, or official website". I've never use the other but I can tell iTunes is pretty good, some songs are as cheap as 69 cent. And man, why do some songs at Beatport cost 50 cents more?

iTunes is the largest digital store for buying music. Its a great service and I dont understand why people wouldnt use it. If you dont want to use iTunes for whatever then get it on CD, or pay for it on iTunes and torrent it (as long as that is legal in your jurisdiction).

iTunes is the largest digital store for buying music. Its a great service and I dont understand why people wouldnt use it. If you dont want to use iTunes for whatever then get it on CD, or pay for it on iTunes and torrent it (as long as that is legal in your jurisdiction).

yah, I love their great service, you get the song like immediately after you purchased it, music quality is also nice. 

-Desktop: Asrock H81M-HDS R2.0, Pentium G3258 4.2 ghz OC, Palit GTX 750 ti StormX, Kingston HyperX Fury 1600 4gb, Seagate Baracuda
-Laptop: MSI GE620DX, i72670QM 2.2 Ghz, 8GB 1333mhz Ram, GT555M 2GB DDR3.
-Gaming peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013, Superlux HD 681 Evo Razer Goliathus Control Medium sizeCm Storm Quickfire TK white edition.

I might just buy the tracks on ITunes, but I'm interested in Beatport. Has anyone used Beatport?

I might just buy the tracks on ITunes, but I'm interested in Beatport. Has anyone used Beatport?

I haven't used it personally, but I do know its well regarded.

I've seen a fair amount of stuff from monstercat go on and be sold there, and the chart on Beatport is used a lot to show how well an artist is doing.

You shouldn't have any problems from there.

For direct downloads? Not too sure sorry, but you could always find one of the free songs on there and try it. I assume its a direct download like Bandcamp.

As for Bandcamp, I've started to get all the music I can from there, so far its been great. Keeps a collection of it, and allows downloads in a bunch of different formats.

I don't see the point of me getting iTunes when I listen to music via Foobar, and have no idevices.

I'll just buy the music somewhere else, and then pop it into foobar.

Bandcamp mainly as its usually smaller artists, for the bigger ones somewhere like amazon or a physical CD then ripping it.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

Beatport is great man :)

Also what songs do you want to buy?

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Beatport is great man :)

Also what songs do you want to buy?

Good to know. Do they allow direct digital downloads, and if so how is the quality?

Good to know. Do they allow direct digital downloads, and if so how is the quality?

You can download formats .wav .mp3 and .aiff  Not sure about quality though D: Also I'm very sure it's direct download :)

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Why not Amazon?

Why not Amazon?

Amazon is also an option, I need to check that they have all the tracks. Thanks for your input, they all seem to be good options with varying reports of the cut they take, so I'll just choose the based on convenience :)

I don't use iTunes because the format is m4a instead of MP3. I also use Spotify a lot so I don't download music that much.

CPU: AMD 3600 GPU: ASUS DUAL OC RX 6750 XT MOBO: Asus Prime X570-P RAM: 16GB XPG Gammix D10 3000Mhz

PSU: Gamdias Kratos P1 650w 80+ Gold OS:Windows 10 pro Case: 4U Rackmount  HDD/SSD:Seagate 8 TB/ Patriot Scorch m.2 512GB

You can't spell ignorant without IGN...-TheSLSAMG

amazon is good you can get individual tracks also... otherwise soulseek is a good client. Or check otu the artists personal website so all the money goes right to him/'her.

“Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.”

Why you don't want to use Itunes matey, I mean apple isn't THAT bad...

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

Why you don't want to use Itunes matey, I mean apple isn't THAT bad...

I know for me, its not that I'm against apple, but what is the point of installing itunes if I own nothing apple, and already have software to play my music collection?

I used to have it, but it was so slow opening, but this was maybe 4/5? years ago. Swapped to foobar and haven't looked back, so installing some software just to buy songs that I can get elsewhere doesn't make sense to me.

May as well stick with the other music services and Foobar.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

Google play

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I know for me, its not that I'm against apple, but what is the point of installing itunes if I own nothing apple, and already have software to play my music collection?

I used to have it, but it was so slow opening, but this was maybe 4/5? years ago. Swapped to foobar and haven't looked back, so installing some software just to buy songs that I can get elsewhere doesn't make sense to me.

May as well stick with the other music services and Foobar.

I understand.... how slow opening it is, one of the most things I enjoy is you could piggy back on a network... 

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

I don't know about you but my itunes opens instantly. I've purchased every single song in my library on itunes and have had no problems with it whatsoever.

I'm not an apple fan myself but I still use itunes because it's a great software for purchasing digital music.

Hands are perfect cupholders.

I know I'm old and all but, CD's? Support your favorite local music store and get a physical copy as an added bonus, hell sometimes it's even cheaper than buying it online.

I don't use iTunes because the format is m4a instead of MP3. I also use Spotify a lot so I don't download music that much.

The AAC codec is far superior to MP3. You get a much better audio quality for the same bitrate.

Buy it on CD, from one of those things called a music store...that you like walk in, and go up to a counter and hand over like, real money.  Best way to get your music IMO. Only reason I don't is because cannibal corpse is restricted to over 18 in Aus and I have to order off amazon for others because they don't sell here at all.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

I don't have a huge music library.  But when I want to own a record/album I will usually buy it from iTunes... then I copy it to my android phone, etc.

But usually I'll just use the free pandora.  I only really listen to music while I'm out running with headphones.  WIth all my heavy huffing and puffing while running, I don't care if the audio quality is not the best it could be.   THe adds suck, but hey it is free.

In my car I listen to satellite radio channels.

Just get spotify its free and has all the music you could ever want.