RAM won't switch to 3600mhz

MysterELIVE

I'm currently running a Ryzen 9 5950x, a 3060, and 64gb of ram on a Gigabyte b550m-p pro. I recently noticed that my RAM, 2 kits of matching Teamgroup T-Force XTREEM 32gb modules, was running at 2400mhz rather than the XMP enabled 3600mhz. Whenever I go into the BIOS, XMP is already enabled. But every time I boot up, my RAM runs at 2400mhz instead. Any Ideas as to why and how to fix it? thanks

5 minutes ago, MysterELIVE said:

I'm currently running a Ryzen 9 5950x, a 3060, and 64gb of ram on a Gigabyte b550m-p pro. I recently noticed that my RAM, 2 kits of matching Teamgroup T-Force XTREEM 32gb modules, was running at 2400mhz rather than the XMP enabled 3600mhz. Whenever I go into the BIOS, XMP is already enabled. But every time I boot up, my RAM runs at 2400mhz instead. Any Ideas as to why and how to fix it? thanks

Not sure how good are the memory controller on your motherboard.
I had the same issue I have 4 sticks of 8gb ddr4 3600 mhz corsair vengance lpx cl 18.
When i had 2 sticks it was working great at 3600 mhz speed on MSI B450 Tomahawk Max motherboard.
But as i put another 2 sticks i had the same issue as you had so after exploriing turns out my motherboard can not handle 4 sticks at 3600Mhz.
So what i did is turned off XMP and manually checked at what max speed i can go stable. So now i have 3333mhz stable speed. 

Ryzen 5 3600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | Corsair Vengeance lpx 32gb 3600mhz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING | XPG Core Reactor 850w

On 7/25/2022 at 1:07 AM, Waqas409 said:

Not sure how good are the memory controller on your motherboard.
I had the same issue I have 4 sticks of 8gb ddr4 3600 mhz corsair vengance lpx cl 18.
When i had 2 sticks it was working great at 3600 mhz speed on MSI B450 Tomahawk Max motherboard.
But as i put another 2 sticks i had the same issue as you had so after exploriing turns out my motherboard can not handle 4 sticks at 3600Mhz.
So what i did is turned off XMP and manually checked at what max speed i can go stable. So now i have 3333mhz stable speed. 

Yep I think thats it. After updating BIOS, and a whole other mess of things, I realized I could just try and use only 2 sticks. It works perfectly. I should have tried this first. I'm kind of disappointed, because from what I can see the board should support 64gb at that speed. Thanks anyways

34 minutes ago, MysterELIVE said:

Yep I think thats it. After updating BIOS, and a whole other mess of things, I realized I could just try and use only 2 sticks. It works perfectly. I should have tried this first. I'm kind of disappointed, because from what I can see the board should support 64gb at that speed. Thanks anyways

yea its very unfortunate that motherboard guide page does not state the real truth, for me i bought the 3600Mhz rams so i can get better performance, i wish i could know this before because here in my region 3200Mhz rams are cheaper than 3600Mhz.

Also its really funny and stupid that MSI does not stated on there page that if i use M.2 Slot on the motherboard then the 2 sata port wont work on MSI B450 Tomahawk Max. 

Ryzen 5 3600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | Corsair Vengeance lpx 32gb 3600mhz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING | XPG Core Reactor 850w