Need help pricing out a used laptop I'm selling

Go to solution Solved by jaslion,

200-250$ tops. Price it at 300 so you have some "give" room for the person buying it. Probs closer to 250 since it has a 1080p screen at least

I'm throwing an old laptop up on FB marketplace and Kijiji, but I have no idea what I should price it at. It's in good physical shape. The model is an Asus N56NJ with a bit of a hodgepodge of parts. It does not have Windows on it (I tried to get an old copy of Windows 7 going on it, but it won't activate). Should I sell it without an OS? Should I install Linux instead?

• Intel Core i7-4700HQ
  • NVIDIA GeForce 840M (2GB DDR3)
  • 15.6”, Full HD (1920 x 1080), TN
  • 250GB Samsung 850 EVO (SATA)
  • x1 12GB DDR3 1600MHz memory

Any ideas what I should price this thing at? Any help would be much appreciated.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

200-250$ tops. Price it at 300 so you have some "give" room for the person buying it. Probs closer to 250 since it has a 1080p screen at least

20 hours ago, jaslion said:

I listed it for $300 CAD since I know people will haggle. I had one guy offer $50; talk about low balling!

What laptop is it exactly? Acer with these specs will be worth less than something like a thinkpad. But realistically I wouldn't pay above 150 usd for that machine.

3 hours ago, Brian McKee said:

What laptop is it exactly? Acer with these specs will be worth less than something like a thinkpad. But realistically I wouldn't pay above 150 usd for that machine.

It's in the OP, "Asus N56NJ with a bit of a hodgepodge of parts"

Any idea what kind of framerates to expect in Minecraft and Roblox with these kind of specs? I have a guy who's interested.

14 minutes ago, YellowJersey said:

Any idea what kind of framerates to expect in Minecraft and Roblox with these kind of specs? I have a guy who's interested.

I'd imagine reasonable. I had a laptop with a 940m and a much worse cpu and was able to play older titles.