Opinions on 3 4K monitors and GPU

xeridae
What I am specifically trying to do is get 3 of the Achieva Shimians running in 4k on an ASUS MARS 760 card.

Can this card handle this kind of setup and what would the cable setup look like since it only has one dual link DVI on the back of the card? I am not going to be doing any surround gaming at all. I will only use the middle monitor for gaming but still want the side monitors at 4k for productivity. I am open to suggestions on other cards as well but I do not want to run cross fire or SLI. I want to stick with a single card.

I've also looked at the 3840 x 2160 Samsung UD590 series but I'm unsure of how much support that resolution is going to have in the future.

That card will have a hard time running one 4K monitor never mind three. Currently you can't get many GPUs that will be able to run three 4K monitors. You could use something like two R9 295X2 for a start.

Quote me to get a reply!

a gtx 760 wont even be able to run one 4k monitor, never mind 3 

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

it can run them for productivity but if u want to game u will have to turn the res down.

I feel like some of you don't know what the mars card is. It's basically got the same performance as a 780 TI and please note I said that I would only be gaming on one of the monitors. Still no go?

no. 4 titan blacks struggle to get playable fps on 4k. gl with that with 2 gtx 760s

Only gaming on one monitor.

Only gaming on one monitor.

One 4k monitor. that's what I said. Plus it will have to display the other 2 that aren't gaming... so GL with that.

I feel like some of you don't know what the mars card is. It's basically got the same performance as a 780 TI and please note I said that I would only be gaming on one of the monitors. Still no go?

No. You will probably get around 30fps and recent AAA titles

battlefield4k.jpg

The card doesn't have enough ports (I don't think) to run 3 4K monitors. For the best experience, you want Display Port going to all monitors. Which either means 3 GPU's or find some card that has a lot of Display Ports (such as the HD 7990) 

battlefield4k.jpg

The card doesn't have enough ports (I don't think) to run 3 4K monitors. For the best experience, you want Display Port going to all monitors. Which either means 3 GPU's or find some card that has a lot of Display Ports (such as the HD 7990) 

Thanks. This is the answer I needed.

One 4k monitor. that's what I said. Plus it will have to display the other 2 that aren't gaming... so GL with that.

That's not what you said but it doesn't matter you're still right you just exaggerated.

Screw 4k go for widescreen like Linus

4K is still better. I don't care what Linus says, he isn't God. 

More games will support 4K opposed to whatever resolution 21:9 is. 

Widescreen doesn't make sense unless you are a videographer or just you just watch a lot of movies 

That's not what you said but it doesn't matter you're still right you just exaggerated.

no. 4 titan blacks struggle to get playable fps on 4k. gl with that with 2 gtx 760s

That is what I said. One monitor is 4k resolution. 4 titan blacks bearly can get avg 60fps which is playable. I did say what I said and I did not exaggerate. 

battlefield4k.jpg

I think this picture really illustrates just how horrible SLI is these days.

Actually it illustrates a vRAM limitation. The reason that the performance just flat lines after the 3rd 780ti is because there isn't enough vRAM to keep all the textures needed in memory. I'm sure if those were Titan Blacks you would see some better performance after that 3rd card considering Titan's have 6GB of vRAM opposed to the 3GB on 780/780ti.

Can't that card only use 2GB of vRAM?  since it's 2x2GB.

4K is still better. I don't care what Linus says, he isn't God. 

More games will support 4K opposed to whatever resolution 21:9 is. 

Widescreen doesn't make sense unless you are a videographer or just you just watch a lot of movies 

True Linus isn't a good. I'm not going to say who it is for till I tried it, but I have tried 4k and wasn't super hyped. I belive most games will support 2560x1080p since alot already do. And I didn't say anything about gaming, funny how everyone only see the word gaming when it comes to screens and computers.

What I am specifically trying to do is get 3 of the Achieva Shimians running in 4k on an ASUS MARS 760 card.

Can this card handle this kind of setup and what would the cable setup look like since it only has one dual link DVI on the back of the card? I am not going to be doing any surround gaming at all. I will only use the middle monitor for gaming but still want the side monitors at 4k for productivity. I am open to suggestions on other cards as well but I do not want to run cross fire or SLI. I want to stick with a single card.

I've also looked at the 3840 x 2160 Samsung UD590 series but I'm unsure of how much support that resolution is going to have in the future.

"I am open to suggestions on other cards as well but I do not want to run cross fire or SLI. I want to stick with a single card.", funny you say that since that MARS 760 is a dual card...

Anyway 4k @ 60 fps only works on Displayport, thus you'd need 3x Displayport connections on your gpu, or 2x Display port + dual HDMI if you have split panel 4k monitor. If you settle for 4k @30 fps, then you'd need a dual link DVI, HDMI or displayport connector per monitor.

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

For one game maybe, but there's plenty of other benchmarks people have done that show 4 way scaling is perfectly fine.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1415441/7680x1440-benchmarks-plus-2-3-4-way-sli-gk110-scaling

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

"I am open to suggestions on other cards as well but I do not want to run cross fire or SLI. I want to stick with a single card.", funny you say that since that MARS 760 is a dual card...

I think you missed the point. I don't want to deal with two physical cards. Dual GPU cards are fine. Thanks for the info on the ports though.

For one game maybe, but there's plenty of other benchmarks people have done that show 4 way scaling is perfectly fine.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1415441/7680x1440-benchmarks-plus-2-3-4-way-sli-gk110-scaling

Those 5 games were designed to work with scaling so that's really no surprise. It would be nice if more games supported it but I doubt that will ever happen. I mean here is a quote directly from that article.

Other games tested were BF3 & Far Cry 3. They were both completely unplayable with quad SLI. As they both had massively varying GPU use & FPS which displayed a stuttery mess. 3-way wasn't perfect, but tolerable, more so when vsync enabled.

There just isn't enough people even using SLI/Crossfire for developers to care for the most part.