What are good job's for Tweens?

Tole2378

My brother just got into pc's so I'm wondering if there are any good jobs for tween's out there?

i walked dogs when I was a tween

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

Hey tole, I keep seeing you on the forum and you've said you have a pretty nice system. Could you post a build log of it? I'd be interested to see it. You're the one with the dual sli 780 tis and watercooling, right?

What the hell is a Tween?

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Hey tole, I keep seeing you on the forum and you've said you have a pretty nice system. Could you post a build log of it? I'd be interested to see it. You're the one with the dual sli 780 tis and watercooling, right?

still saving up

What the hell is a Tween?

Someone who's not yet a Teen but is "close to it".. Say, ages 10-12 or so. 

Idk what he could possibly do as far as work at that age... Allowance?

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

still saving up

oh you don't have it built? you should probably stop saying things like "I have" and stuff when you make those threads for help.

I'm currently at 210$ but more should be on the way

Someone who's not yet a Teen but is "close to it".. Say, ages 10-12 or so. 

Idk what he could possibly do as far as work at that age... Allowance?

So a child?  You can't get a job at that age unless it's washing cars on your street.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

oh you don't have it built? you should probably stop saying things like "I have" and stuff when you make those threads for help.

a lot more so this will probably be my last post for now

So a child?  You can't get a job at that age unless it's washing cars on your street.

Yeah.. That's what I said. At least where i'm from, you can't get a real job unless you're 15+, even more so 16.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

Mow lawns, shovel driveways (in the winter if it snows where you live), watch over pets while the owners are on vacation etc.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Mow lawns, shovel driveways (in the winter if it snows where you live), watch over pets while the owners are on vacation etc.

k

When I was a tween...(I am assuming around 14 years old) I was a receptionist at this local nail store, after that I worked in Tim Hortons for sometime and now I work in a computer hobby store (I am 19 now). So yeah I guess starting off in a fast food restaurant setting isn't so bad. I also volunteered for random stuff like festivals and tutoring. Hope that helps. Get all the experience you can get! Join clubs too, it helps  :D

wotm8?

Oh just let the kid have his fun of showing off his build that he has not even started, it's kind of annoying to me too but hey what are you going to do about it, right? Anyways when I was a "tween" I was very fortunate to live in an awesome neighborhood. I did quite a few things, here is a list. Walking dogs, looking after the pets for awhile, and the selling baked goodies during the weekend which made a lot considering how large and close my neighborhood was. Tip for the future, don't go around telling people you have stuff but you really don't, no one likes a person that brags. Hopes this helped your brother. 

Oh just let the kid have his fun of showing off his build that he has not even started, it's kind of annoying to me too but hey what are you going to do about it, right?

To be fair, I did it before, too. Now I actually have a better rig than what I originally wanted lol.

@OP: Honestly, if you don't live in a sketchy neighborhood, you could knock on doors and ask for for small jobs or yard work that pays.

Like if a kid came up to me asking for a job to do for money, I'd probably give him $15 to wash and detail my car. Cuz I'm lazy. That's maybe a couple hours for $15, not bad.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

The oldest profession doesn't discriminate by age.

Oh just let the kid have his fun of showing off his build that he has not even started, it's kind of annoying to me too but hey what are you going to do about it, right? Anyways when I was a "tween" I was very fortunate to live in an awesome neighborhood. I did quite a few things, here is a list. Walking dogs, looking after the pets for awhile, and the selling baked goodies during the weekend which made a lot considering how large and close my neighborhood was. Tip for the future, don't go around telling people you have stuff but you really don't, no one likes a person that brags. Hopes this helped your brother. 

one-does-not-simply-make-money-on-the-in

Well at least where I am, you can't get a real job unless you are at lest 16. At the restaurant I used to work at, we never hired anyone younger than 18. But that may have been tied to that we served alcohol. I'm no expert on those laws, so I'm not going to comment further on that.

Anyway, at that young age, about all you can do is wash cars on the weekends, walk dogs, mow lawns, lemonade stand, stuff like that. You can figure out an allowance with parents for chores, or if your folks own a business, you might be able to work for them and they can look the other way about age, since you are their child and all.

At that young age, it's hard to buy nice things. I was in a similar situation at that age. I wanted cash for whatever hobby I was into then be it tech, paintball, rc cars, whatever I really wanted to get into. I really couldn't. I was limited to whatever I could get out of my family for Christmas and birthday, and things like that. One thing that I did have in my favor is that my birthday is 3 days after Christmas, so I could convince my family to just get me one big thing, rather than 2 smaller things. But I was lucky with that. For most, at that age, it's tough to get any significant cash together.

one-does-not-simply-make-money-on-the-in

I made $50 cash by selling items on Team Fortress 2. Another user said he makes a good bit of money on CS:GO.

I actually have two other item sets I could sell for about $130-150, but I'd rather keep 'em or trade up further.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Well at least where I am, you can't get a real job unless you are at lest 16. At the restaurant I used to work at, we never hired anyone younger than 18. But that may have been tied to that we served alcohol. I'm no expert on those laws, so I'm not going to comment further on that.

Anyway, at that young age, about all you can do is wash cars on the weekends, walk dogs, mow lawns, lemonade stand, stuff like that. You can figure out an allowance with parents for chores, or if your folks own a business, you might be able to work for them and they can look the other way about age, since you are their child and all.

At that young age, it's hard to buy nice things. I was in a similar situation at that age. I wanted cash for whatever hobby I was into then be it tech, paintball, rc cars, whatever I really wanted to get into. I really couldn't. I was limited to whatever I could get out of my family for Christmas and birthday, and things like that. One thing that I did have in my favor is that my birthday is 3 days after Christmas, so I could convince my family to just get me one big thing, rather than 2 smaller things. But I was lucky with that. For most, at that age, it's tough to get any significant cash together.

agreed

I made $50 cash by selling items on Team Fortress 2. Another user said he makes a good bit of money on CS:GO.

I actually have two other item sets I could sell for about $130-150, but I'd rather keep 'em or trade up further.

his goal is 5000$

his goal is 5000$

5 grand isn't going to happen at 12 years old. It just isn't. I'd be tempted to just tell him to not waste his time on it, kind euthanize his ambition, if you will. I'm 22 and can't get 5 grand in cash together if I wanted to. Between rent, and bills, and insurance, and my inability to not spend cash that is burning a hole in my pocket, it's impossible.

We'll not impossible, but I would have to hang up most of my hobbies and projects. And I'd rather have those, and just enough spare cash to have a safety net, just in case I can't make rent or someone if I need to take time off work for whatever reason.

why cant people just say pre-teen? 

like tween is such a sucky word...

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss