UDR problem creating VPN connection with IP from main LAN

VNN

Hello to all community,

I have a very specific problem with Ubiquiti Dream Rooter. I have my main network
LAN:10.10.10.0/24
GW:10.10.10.1
DHCP: 10.10.10.30 – 10.10.10.130
VPN-LAN 10.10.11.0/24

I have to connect my laptop with VPN so it can connect to my main PC which is running an SQL DB. The “auto way” creates a new LAN for the VPN. I can connect to it without problems.

The problem is that the program can only connect if the IP is in the same Subnet. So, I have to make a VPN connection that can give me an IP from 10.10.10.0/24 even fixed. I cannot find any way to set as VPN network my main or even a single static IP dedicated only for VPN use.

I tried these instructions but after that VPN stop working and I had to do factory reset to UDM to make it work again.
https://community.ui.com/questions/VPN-routing-to-LAN/ed515f74-7d86-4360-8ea0-f13af33ff4af?page=3

Please, any help???

2 hours ago, VNN said:

Hello to all community,

I have a very specific problem with Ubiquiti Dream Rooter. I have my main network
LAN:10.10.10.0/24
GW:10.10.10.1
DHCP: 10.10.10.30 – 10.10.10.130
VPN-LAN 10.10.11.0/24

I have to connect my laptop with VPN so it can connect to my main PC which is running an SQL DB. The “auto way” creates a new LAN for the VPN. I can connect to it without problems.

The problem is that the program can only connect if the IP is in the same Subnet. So, I have to make a VPN connection that can give me an IP from 10.10.10.0/24 even fixed. I cannot find any way to set as VPN network my main or even a single static IP dedicated only for VPN use.

I tried these instructions but after that VPN stop working and I had to do factory reset to UDM to make it work again.
https://community.ui.com/questions/VPN-routing-to-LAN/ed515f74-7d86-4360-8ea0-f13af33ff4af?page=3

Please, any help???

As a workaround to the issue once connected to the VPN can't you initiate a remote desktop session to the host machine for access?

Thank you MrMase for your response!

Someone always using the main PC. So I cannot use any form of remote desktop. That was the reason I needed a VPN in the first place. The program’s support answer is that only another machine with IP from the same subnet and only /24 can be connected to SQL DB that is running to the main PC.

My TpLink Archer was able to make an L2TP (without IPsec) VPN connection and give me an IP from DHCP automatically. In the article that I mention some people were able to give IPs from the main LAN to USG and Controller 5.5.19 through SSH

configure
set vpn l2tp remote-access client-ip-pool start x.x.x.x (set as LAN outside of DHCP Range)
set vpn l2tp remote-access client-ip-pool stop y.y.y.y (set as LAN outside of DHCP Range)
commit

I try it and VPN stop working completely…