Need help finding a cheap OptiPlex 110 US or less for it to run my 2060 i also have a 600wat psu on hand

Go to solution Solved by aisle9,
11 minutes ago, TurkishBTW said:

so i need a pc to put my 2060 in and I want a optiplex

So this is an Optiplex 3010. That introduces some good points and some bad points. Mostly bad, so I'll start with those.

Bad:

• The -010 series is from the Ivy Bridge generation
  • It's a "3" model, meaning only two DIMM slots. If 16GB is all you need, cool. If you need 32, that might be a problem.
  • If you have a GPU installed, you will not have access to the SATA ports on the board. You'll need to buy right-angle replacements, and some GPUs block those from fitting in either. This is a killer for lots of Optiplex -010 builds.
  • You will need a new PSU

Good:

• It's definitely cheap
  • At least a standard ATX PSU will work with this build.

Honestly though, the days of the Gamerplex are quickly becoming numbered. The Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge processors are approaching EOL in any kind of modern gaming. The Gamerplex was at its best when Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge CPUs (even Core 2s) were still capable of reasonable AAA gaming. The idea was that you'd spend $125 on an Optiplex 790 with an i5-2400 and 8GB of RAM, then drop in some $20-40 form of storage and a GTX 750 Ti, GTX 1050, RX 460, something that doesn't require external power. Suddenly, boom, low-power gaming PC that probably cost you under $250 total. The goal of a Gamerplex was never to take a 10-year-old entry-level CPU and strap a midrange GPU from 2019 to it. What you'll end up with is not what you thought you were getting.

1 minute ago, Mel0nMan said:

jesus that is a long link

Pairing an old i3 with a 2060 is not a good idea. Although you could upgrade CPU. PSU is ATX so that would be upgradable but at that point it might be best to just buy a used gaming PC from ebay...

ikr very long link lol ill mainly use it for mining and sometimes some low pressure gaming sorry should've specified so the motherboard plugins would be the same as the psu ill put in?

An old OptiPlex like that is a very poor choice for a 2060, especially one with a low end CPU. I wouldn't recommend buying that computer if you're wanting to put a 2060 in it. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

2 minutes ago, TurkishBTW said:

ikr very long link lol ill mainly use it for mining and sometimes some low pressure gaming sorry should've specified so the motherboard plugins would be the same as the psu ill put in?

Yes, the plugs on this generation of Optiplexes? Optiplexi? will be compatible with any ATX power supply. 

Mining on a PC isn't quite profitable anymore on major currencies, especially with a "weaker" card like a 2060. 

But I seriously wouldn't recommend this computer at all.

Just now, Mel0nMan said:

Yes, the plugs on this generation of Optiplexes? Optiplexi? will be compatible with any ATX power supply. 

Mining on a PC isn't quite profitable anymore on major currencies, especially with a "weaker" card like a 2060

yeah sadly i also just kinda want it so my 2060 doesnt sit there and its just like whenever im not doing anything with it minus well mine on it i dont pay the bills lol

2 minutes ago, BondiBlue said:

An old OptiPlex like that is a very poor choice for a 2060, especially one with a low end CPU. I wouldn't recommend buying that computer if you're wanting to put a 2060 in it. 

just wanna use it for mining and low pressure gaming and also just so my 2060 has a use

1 minute ago, Mel0nMan said:

You will make 100% more profit from selling your 2060 than mining on it. 

hm on my ebay they sell for 250 how much should i sell it for that will definitely get someone to buy it

11 minutes ago, TurkishBTW said:

so i need a pc to put my 2060 in and I want a optiplex

So this is an Optiplex 3010. That introduces some good points and some bad points. Mostly bad, so I'll start with those.

Bad:

• The -010 series is from the Ivy Bridge generation
  • It's a "3" model, meaning only two DIMM slots. If 16GB is all you need, cool. If you need 32, that might be a problem.
  • If you have a GPU installed, you will not have access to the SATA ports on the board. You'll need to buy right-angle replacements, and some GPUs block those from fitting in either. This is a killer for lots of Optiplex -010 builds.
  • You will need a new PSU

Good:

• It's definitely cheap
  • At least a standard ATX PSU will work with this build.

Honestly though, the days of the Gamerplex are quickly becoming numbered. The Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge processors are approaching EOL in any kind of modern gaming. The Gamerplex was at its best when Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge CPUs (even Core 2s) were still capable of reasonable AAA gaming. The idea was that you'd spend $125 on an Optiplex 790 with an i5-2400 and 8GB of RAM, then drop in some $20-40 form of storage and a GTX 750 Ti, GTX 1050, RX 460, something that doesn't require external power. Suddenly, boom, low-power gaming PC that probably cost you under $250 total. The goal of a Gamerplex was never to take a 10-year-old entry-level CPU and strap a midrange GPU from 2019 to it. What you'll end up with is not what you thought you were getting.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.