Windows Installation freezes at the spinning dots...HELP!

EyDavid

Hey there! My problem is that I built a PC using some spare parts I had left over and when I tried to install Windows 11 on it it freezes whenever it reaches the spinning dots. Sometimes I get the ASRock logo, sometimes it makes it to the windows logo but sure enough it always freezes.

My parts (I did check for compatibility but it might be possible that I overlooked something):

• Intel Core i7-8700 CPU
  • Crucial Ballistix 2666Mhz Memory (16GB in 4 Sticks)
  • Nvidia GTX 1070
  • ASRock B365M Pro4

What I already tested:

• checked all the individual parts in another system, they all work fine without an issue
  • updatet the BIOS to the newest version and set it to default settings, no changes
  • used numerous USB sticks when trying to install windows
  • used different SSDs and a Hard Drive, thinking they might have been the issue, no changes
  • now I turned my external Samsung SSD into a bootable flash drive using WinToUSB , the BIOS sees it and tries to boot from it, no changes
  • reseated the RAM, tested with only one stick that I know 100% works in every single slot, no changes
  • used completely different RAM, no changes 
  • let the PC run for 24 hours, hoping it would unfreeze itself, no changes

It's been this way for quite some time now and I gave up. At this point it's just a point of pride, I need this annoying machine to boot up. I'm more than happy for any suggestions! My knowledge concerning PC's is relatively limited though, so I might have some follow up questions. I can access the BIOS just fine. 

Thanks in advance!!^^ 

PS. Added some pictures of the bios in case someone sees something I configured wrong or something.

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-03 at 18.10.32.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-03 at 18.10.33 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-03 at 18.10.33.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-03 at 18.10.34.jpeg

Various components are unsupported by Windows 11. I would check to see if any of yours are among them. Mostly CPUs, but if your CPU is supported, it might be the combination of the CPU and the particular speed of RAM or something. I can tell you that I am working on getting familiar with Linux, because when I can no longer use the Win 10 64 I paid full price for, that is my future. Microsoft is getting way too invasive, pushy, and "our-way-or-no-way" for my liking. One need look no further than my profile cover pic to know this.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

You say you have 4 sticks of RAM, but the BIOS is only detecting 1 stick. That immediately is a red flag.

Also, how are you creating the USB installer? (what program, what sorta PC)

Lastly, the USB should be the first boot device whilst you are trying to run the windows install.

1 minute ago, alexjzim said:

You say you have 4 sticks of RAM, but the BIOS is only detecting 1 stick. That immediately is a red flag.

Also, how are you creating the USB installer? (what program, what sorta PC)

Lastly, the USB should be the first boot device whilst you are trying to run the windows install.

Sorry, I should have mentioned this. I tried it with all sticks but saw on a post somewhere that I should maybe test it with just one stick that I am 100% certain is functional. So at the moment I took the picture there actually was only one stick installed. 

I used the Windows Media Creation Tool to create an ISO and then used WinToUSB to turn my SSD into a bootable flash drive. But I also tested the normal way of using the Windows Media Creation Tool to create a USB installation flash drive. They were all made with my main PC, it has Windows 11 installed in case thats what you are referring to.

It makes no difference wether the USB one is the first. Both options are the same SSD and they both do not work. 

Gotcha, with 1 stick it should probably be in the A1 or A2 slot, but it depends on the motherboard. (Apologies if that is the correct slot)

Plug the installer into your Win11 PC, then search in bottom left "create and format hard disk partitions."  In the disk management utility that opens, find the USB drive (Disk 1, Disk 2), right click and click "properties", then click "Volumes".  What does it say under partition style?

I would also recommend creating the installer with Rufus if the microsoft tool is giving issues