What GPU for 1920x1200 @60 paired with 3700X, B450, 650W for ~500€?

urbanhusky
Go to solution Solved by PDifolco,

Get a RX6600XT it's around 400EUR and should fit your needs

Optionnally for just over 500EUR (520-540) there's the better RTX3060Ti

Hi,

it's time to retire my Radeon RX 480 (which is roughly equivalent to a GTX 970). I'm looking for a new GPU for ~500€ (DE/AT prices), but that's no hard limit. I'm not getting a card for a grand though.

My other components are Ryzen 7 3700X, B450 motherboard (i.e. PCIe 3.0), 650W Enermax PSU, 64 GB RAM and many USB controller cards + devices. Conventional air cooling with front to back airflow (Noise dampened Thermaltake Suppressor F51 if anyone needs that level of detail). Max. 2 slots because a short USB controller card is right next to it.

I expect to keep my old monitors so solid 60 at native 1920x1200 without HDR would be nice to have and keep at that performance level for a while. I have no intentions of going 4k or HDR.

I would prefer AMD because I have had issues with NVIDIA cards and drivers messing with my USB audio. I had to toggle all driver settings to maximum performance on my other PC just so that I could have audio with less dropouts because, iirc, the power management was causing too many interrupts or something like that. Audio setup is not up for debate. This is a music production, audio enthusiast rig first, gaming rig second.
Bonus points if the card is quiet and cool - or at least more quiet than the rocket engine I'm currently using.

I must be able to drive my 5 monitors. I'm currently hooked up via DVI, 2x HDMI and 2x DP to DVI. Getting more passive DVI or HDMI adapters is fine.

Do you have any recommendations for me please?

…and then there's the music I make.

Get a RX6600XT it's around 400EUR and should fit your needs

Optionnally for just over 500EUR (520-540) there's the better RTX3060Ti

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

7 minutes ago, urbanhusky said:

I must be able to drive my 5 monitors

That means you can only use AMD graphics with adapters or two Nvidia graphics cards. IIRC Nvidia doesnt let consumer cards to output more than 4 displays at once.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Oh, okay. That multi-monitor setup is an unexpected limiting factor. I cannot find a single card that I could use (5 monitors, max. dual slot).
Thanks for your suggestions and help, but I guess that upgrade just ain't happening.

…and then there's the music I make.

On 7/1/2022 at 4:43 PM, urbanhusky said:

Oh, okay. That multi-monitor setup is an unexpected limiting factor. I cannot find a single card that I could use (5 monitors, max. dual slot).
Thanks for your suggestions and help, but I guess that upgrade just ain't happening.

GPU with more than 4 ports are pretty rare...and no AMD Cards has that

For NVidia my 3080 do have five (3xDP + 2xHDMI), but it's $850 (lowest price ever btw) 🙂

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Get any video card you like, and keep the 480 as an additional display driver?

If it's not 3d rendering, it won't draw a ton of power, so shouldn't be an issue.