hi can anybody help?(mini start-up business)

chubbz1234

hi i want to start my own business to repair pc's in my local area i already have a leaflet set up to go post around just cant print till i get some money to do so. im just wondering if there is any advice or any kind of help or ideas i have attached my leaflet just so people can look at it and tell me there beliefs of how it looks.

system repairs - Made with PosterMyWall (2).jpg

system repairs - Made with PosterMyWall.jpg

The fonts you are using are terrible. There's at least 5 different fonts on that image.

Difficult to read the bullet point list against the background.

Having a mostly black background is going to be terrible to print (and possibly expensive).

Background looks like it was pulled from a 90s direct to VHS movie about computer hackers.

You have a question mark after "Please give us a call". Makes it seem like you are unsure if people should call you.
You don't include a phone number (assuming you cut it off to post here).

The text at the bottom reads "Something broken? Software. Malfunctioning?", looks like "Software" is its own point as it's on a different line.

Friendly-fast-reliable-home-visits-mobile-higly

Custom Builds £49 Mondays Only is unclear what you're offering, and again with another different & awful font.

Honestly forget the leaflets and just set up a Facebook page and advertise it there and on sites like Gumtree.

Now on to the services you're offering.

Virus Removal: Are you sure you can remove viruses beyond installing MalwareBytes & clicking Scan? Or are you just planning on wiping every PC you get?

Broken screen repairs: Do you actually carry stock of screens to replace if a customer asks for a screen repair or are you going to make them wait 2 months for it to ship over from China? What if you can't find a replacement screen for that model? What if you damage their device further when attempting to repair the screen, are you going to be able to compensate the customer?

Speed up of aged systems: How?

Data backup / clone: Are you going to provide the storage medium (HDD?) for the backup or will the customer? What if they want 500TB backed up how would you do it?

Software Installation Upgrade-Update: How much are you planning on charging people to install Chrome? Are you going to tell them that most software automatically updates and they don't need you?

Driver Install: Shouldn't this just be included with the hardware install service?

Custom Builds / Payments for parts upfront: "Payments for parts upfront" means you're going to buy the parts and hope they buy them from you? What if they later change their mind and you're stuck with the parts? Why wouldn't they just buy it themselves, and if they're just buying a built PC from you then obviously you would be buying the parts for it so it seems redundant. What sort of warranty & after sale support are you going to offer on PCs you sell?

RGB Colouring / Cable Management: Anybody who cares about this would be able to do it themselves. How much are you planning on charging to cable manage a PC?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 hour ago, chubbz1234 said:

hi i want to start my own business to repair pc's in my local area i already have a leaflet set up to go post around just cant print till i get some money to do so. im just wondering if there is any advice or any kind of help or ideas i have attached my leaflet just so people can look at it and tell me there beliefs of how it looks.

While I know that a catchy phamplets are important.
Some of the fonts, background & combo of both that you use are somewhat annoying and takes effort to read.

IMHO, What you want is a phamplets that looks professional, not like it was made by a shady company.
And definitely try not to typo.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

yeah i understand that completely i just gabbed the best looking one that i could find that was free i can create one but i have to pay to get it perfect and i cant afford that right now tbh so something free to print will do for now as only small and local from home so will this do for the first couple months to create something abit more skilled i think it should do for now to built a little income to start brand more professional 

and speakingthe the first reply yes but having individual services you can charge for the smallest of things to do with pc sofware onlu reason why drivers are listed on there own is so that poeple can request a service they require if its just a drive update needed then thats what ishall do but if something happens i will ring the client to give info if something else entirley needs done to keep it running like a dream then they have a opportunity to tellme to do it or not at an extra cost if something that takes seconds to fix they wontget charge as all repairs are charged by time and components (labour hours)

thanks 

for your input poinkachu really appreciate it just one more question you.

what do you personally think about it the leaflet anything that sticks out or i have missed 

your personal thoughts of it  

What Spotty said. 

Do look at the income and tax implications of running your own business and the insurances it would be wise to get. (Can you pay to replace a 3090 if you accidently brick it?) 

Also - Dear God Man. Punctuation. 

This is all I was hearing while reading those ads.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

without re-going over what others already have, becuase there is a lot of issues with this content and design wise

"highly trained technician with 10 years of experience" what are your qualifications to claim this? where did you obtain your 10 years of experience?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

On 7/1/2022 at 11:17 AM, chubbz1234 said:

No offense, but judging from your leaflet and your replies, you don't seem to really know what you are doing.

Perhaps try and get a (part time) job at a local computer repair shop. See how you like it and how it works out. See how they run the business, and learn from that. See how they advertise, how they get customers, etc.

Good luck.