Re-Pinning a PC2004 connector?

Hello all,

New to the forum but have watched LTT for years. I am working on rebuilding a Windows 2000 machine (yes windows 2000) that operates proprietary software for out warehouse saw. I had to install a new mobo, Asus P5L-MX micro ATX, which is replacing a Fujitsu Simons D2151-A11. With the prebuild using the old mobo, there is no CPU fan directly. Instead Fuji used a PC2004 connector which is a 8-pin style straight connector that has 3 wires going into the back of it (ground, fan control, and PMW/Pulse control). This fans power is wired directly into the psu. The configuration of the tower has the psu sit directly ontop of the cpu with the fan in between (which is why the fan power is wire directly to the psu) and a plastic shroud around the cpu cooler to help direct air.

Can I take the 3 wires from the PC2004 connector and place them into a standard 4-pin DuPont connector so that ground, skip pwr, control, and pwm are connected to the motherboard? I have tried browsing the internet for anything similar and haven't found a case of this situation yet.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forums!
I would recommend just buying a different fan to screw to the heatsink that uses an industry standard connector. If you did want to split the connector out though I would recommend adapting to MOLEX or floppy power, not fan header. Don't connect the pulse control one, connect the power to the fan and ground to 5v and ground. If it's not fast enough do 12v and ground. 

4 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Welcome to the forums!
I would recommend just buying a different fan to screw to the heatsink that uses an industry standard connector. If you did want to split the connector out though I would recommend adapting to MOLEX or floppy power, not fan header. Don't connect the pulse control one, connect the power to the fan and ground to 5v and ground. If it's not fast enough do 12v and ground. 

I wish I could just buy a new fan for the cpu cooler, but its the fan that is built into the psu doing the job. The configuration essentially pulls fresh air through the psu and out onto the cpu cooler, no 2nd fan, just the one build into the psu. That being said, the power for the fan is all internalized in the psu itself. Found the exact model on Amazon for reference: FSC Fujitsu Siemens NPS 230CB B NPS 230CB S26113 E507 V50 230 W Power Supply 120 mm Fan P4 : Amazon.de: Electronics & Photo . 

Is there an actual difference between pulse control and PWM? Mostly curiosity, since I can't really find anything that details differences, just that it controls power delivery.