Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Best 3060ti / 3070ti manufacturer temps

Joyfie
 Share

Hey ho everyone!

 

I'm building a new rig, mostly with thermals in mind.  I'm settled on all of my components, but I'm struggling to understand the difference in GPUs.

 

I've never really understood what differs between manufacturers, and say the FE edition cars, other than price/coolers etc.  Having read an watched a lot on 3070ti temps, is this just something endemic on the board design itself, or has any brand actually done a good job at designing a cooler that keeps the VRM / Memory under 90c.

 

Is a cheaper PALiT 3060ti card such as: https://www.novatech.co.uk/products/palit-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3060ti-dual-8gb-gddr6-graphics-card/ne6306t019p2-190ad.html that much different from a 3060ti FE?  The specs are the same on paper, or will this just mean running into big problems down the line getting a cheaper brand card.

 

Good thermals are a big concern of mine, mostly due to extended lifespan.  Only game on a rig, and my case thermals are excellent, so really just looking to solve this piece of the puzzle.

 

Thanks for the input! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I won't worry much about temp if you get a 3060 ti with 3 fans design,it TDP is only 200 watt ,or if you want to saving cost ,get a 2 fans card from EVGA(inside US),MSI or Asus outside the US.

On the other hand ,for the 3070 ti get the best card you can(I suggest go with MSI Suprim X) ,with 300 watt TDP and GDDR6X,it's much hotter than the 3060 ti,also don't overclock the Vram on the 3070 ti because GDDR6X tend to get hotter than GDDR6.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Joyfie said:

Hey ho everyone!

 

I'm building a new rig, mostly with thermals in mind.  I'm settled on all of my components, but I'm struggling to understand the difference in GPUs.

 

I've never really understood what differs between manufacturers, and say the FE edition cars, other than price/coolers etc.  Having read an watched a lot on 3070ti temps, is this just something endemic on the board design itself, or has any brand actually done a good job at designing a cooler that keeps the VRM / Memory under 90c.

 

Is a cheaper PALiT 3060ti card such as: https://www.novatech.co.uk/products/palit-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3060ti-dual-8gb-gddr6-graphics-card/ne6306t019p2-190ad.html that much different from a 3060ti FE?  The specs are the same on paper, or will this just mean running into big problems down the line getting a cheaper brand card.

 

Good thermals are a big concern of mine, mostly due to extended lifespan.  Only game on a rig, and my case thermals are excellent, so really just looking to solve this piece of the puzzle.

 

Thanks for the input! 

Watching out for low temps isn't an issue nowadays. Running a card at 85°C instead of 70°C might knock off 1-2 years of its lifespan but its lifespan is like 15 years or so. You'll end up changing out your GPU way before it goes bad, laptop GPUs run at 85°C all the time at full load and they can last for as long as you have the laptop

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

TechPowerUp tested few model for both 3060 Ti and 3070 Ti

 

3060 Ti

image.png.bd354941c796fa0441a648a6a2ea64ca.png

 

3070 Ti

image.png.3b2740cbfed37b6dc2917df4144a9db2.png

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/28/2022 at 6:59 AM, xAcid9 said:

TechPowerUp tested few model for both 3060 Ti and 3070 Ti

 

3060 Ti

image.png.bd354941c796fa0441a648a6a2ea64ca.png

 

3070 Ti

image.png.3b2740cbfed37b6dc2917df4144a9db2.png

That's super helpful, thank you! I was looking around for a chart like this, but wasn't able to find a decent one that compared the 3rd party cards.  Cheers mate!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/27/2022 at 1:31 AM, zzlttzz said:

I won't worry much about temp if you get a 3060 ti with 3 fans design,it TDP is only 200 watt ,or if you want to saving cost ,get a 2 fans card from EVGA(inside US),MSI or Asus outside the US.

On the other hand ,for the 3070 ti get the best card you can(I suggest go with MSI Suprim X) ,with 300 watt TDP and GDDR6X,it's much hotter than the 3060 ti,also don't overclock the Vram on the 3070 ti because GDDR6X tend to get hotter than GDDR6.

Aye, have decided to just go with the ROG Strix 3070ti - In some ways I don't want to spend the extra cash, but if it will be 5 years before I change my card again, it's kind of worth the investment.  Cheers mate!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/27/2022 at 7:59 AM, DreamCat04 said:

Watching out for low temps isn't an issue nowadays. Running a card at 85°C instead of 70°C might knock off 1-2 years of its lifespan but its lifespan is like 15 years or so. You'll end up changing out your GPU way before it goes bad, laptop GPUs run at 85°C all the time at full load and they can last for as long as you have the laptop

True, I know heat tolerance isn't so much of an issue these days, but pushing it as low as I can not only gives me piece of mind, I feel like it will just give an overall more consistent performance if I can keep everything as low as I can without waterblocking everything.  Thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×