Game freezes but is still somehow responsive

paoziuer

Hi, I'm having this weird issue since today that happens when gaming only (ran a 15 min Kombuster stress test and it didn't freeze). Whenever I play for a certain amount of time at some point my screen will just freeze and will not unfreeze but the game is still responsive and doesn't crash at all. When this happens on csgo I can still go into the console and disconnect from the server and quit. And when I tried to play fall guys (which I installed today) I can load up into a game but then when the loading screen is about to end the same error occurs and my screen is still frozen but I can feel the haptic feedback from the countdown on my controller. The only way I have found a way to unfreeze my game is to just restart the game. I have also seen both my screen turn black for a good second and see horizontal lines of my background through the black screen, which is also the first time this has happened and that only happened once today.

I also have to mention that yesterday I opened my pc to check if my cpu cooler was the newer version of the Hyper 212 LED which I wanted to re-use on the cpu that I bought (5600x) and I'm afraid I may have somehow damaged my GPU by removing the fan (didn't remove the whole cooler just the fan), because I have never had this issue before and this has only started to happen to me today. And I'm afraid I may have put stress on my card accidentally or somehow damaged the pcie slot even though I didn't even touch the gpu. I hope this is cpu/motherboard related because I just ordered a 5600x and b550 today and don't really plan to upgrade my gpu until next gen.

The only things I have done currently are restarting my pc and turning down my msi afterburner oc (which had been stable for months), but this changed nothing and my game still freezes

My pc parts are in the images below and my psu is a Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500W 230V (I have the old version and yes I know that it's badly rated on the psu cultist list, but I was 15 and that's what the local pc shop recommended for my budget). None of my parts are oc'd or shunt modded except for the msi afterburner clock speed and memory speed. All my components have been bought at the same time in january of 2018 except for my ram that I bought around march of this year. My pc runs on windows 10 and every driver and my windows are updated.

fyi : my ram is 3200MT but my motherboard doesn't support 3200MT that's why it's lower 

(if I don't respond it's because I fell asleep)

1.gif

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_5.png

22 minutes ago, silencer12 said:

Can you try lowering the graphics in-game and then see if that helps?

Lowered my graphics to low from medium on fall guys and turned my msi afterburner oc off and didn't have the bug anymore :D. But what I don't understand is that I've been playing csgo at those settings for 4 years with the same computer so I don't understand why it would be graphics, I also play in 4:3 so the graphic demand isn't that high I'll see if I still freeze. I'll do more testing tomorrow to see if it was afterburner or just the graphics I'm going to sleep it's getting late thanks for the help though.

Your processor is 5 years old. As games are updated,  your game may not process data fast enough as it did in the past. Same goes for window 10 updates. I know the updates from last year for windows 10 made applications sluggish or crash. 

I am on Intel 7700k. I run sluggish on games that utilize the unreal engine. (Mass effect: legendary edition and Hell let loose). I will be upgrading my system soon. I had upgraded from a 7600k which I wish I had not done because it was a small increase at $100 or so. The current unreal engine is very demanding on processing from what I was told. 

I do have other tip or tweak that may help.