Anyone else sleep wearing earbuds?

WedgeTalon

I've done it for a while. Started out using the earbuds that came with my  HTC One (M7). They were a bit large and eventually broke, so I picked up the Sennheiser CX 200. Those didn't stick out as much, but were overall not as comfortable somehow. The most annoying problem with them, though, is they don't have a non-tangle cord. That gets very annoying very quickly. I'm looking to try something else now, so I'm curious what others may use who do this. I know Linus has said he likes using the Steelseries Flux Pros, but I'm a little hesitant to drop 100 on a new pair when I haven't had very good luck thus far.

You know, sleeping in iems will increase your chance for an ear infection. if you really want to listen in bed pick up some cheap shit speakers.

I think Linus is using the IE80's now, tho those are 2-3 times as expensive :P

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

You know, sleeping in iems will increase your chance for an ear infection. if you really want to listen in bed pick up some cheap shit speakers.

Why on earth would it do that?

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

some need it, other dont like it, and if you arent alone in bed speakers arent very good

no air flow -> hot -> sweat -> moisture can lead to issues, but its different for different people and how they fit and such

Because your ear wasn't designed to have things stuck in it, and if your ear can't naturally leak earwax, the bateria that it's leaking builds up and leads to an infection.

no air flow -> hot -> sweat -> moisture can lead to issues, but its different for different people and how they fit and such

By that logic I shouldn't take hot showers :P

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Because your ear wasn't designed to have things stuck in it, and if your ear can't naturally leak earwax, the bateria that it's leaking builds up and leads to an infection.

This is assuming you never take them out or use a simple cotton swab in the morning to compensate.

By that logic I shouldn't take hot showers :P

well, if you really want to know i can link you a vid on why you shouldnt take many showers at all and why hot showers are the worst :P

This is assuming you never take them out or use a simple cotton swab in the morning to compensate.

Which works to a point, why shoot a gun at a bulletproof vest when you can just unload the gun.

well, if you really want to know i can link you a vid on why you shouldnt take many showers at all and why hot showers are the worst :P

Which works to a point, why shoot a gun at a bulletproof vest when you can just unload the gun.

Good lord you guys must be fun at parties! :P

Good lord you guys must be fun at parties! :P

Both my friends are introverted and my girlfriend is a software engineer. Parties of four aren't.

IEMs don't even feel that comfortable to sleep in bed with. I can understand if you sleep on the train or bus for a couple of minutes with them in, but not in bed.

Both my friends are introverted and my girlfriend is a software engineer. Parties of four aren't.

I wish I was your friend,being an introvert in sweden is the worst...

So I can put anything here?

Actually cotton swabs are terrible for you. All it does is push the wax back in. Your ear is mean't to naturally get rid of that stuff. It's also not recommended to use those after showers either. 

Seems like emorarity is just giving him some solid advice, and nannerbeans is absolutely right about cotton swabs. Shouldn't be shoving that shit in your ear, it's actually really bad for you. 

SirRoderick I feel bad that you result to throwing out insults when someone makes a valid point. 

I wish I was your friend,being an introvert in sweden is the worst...

I have a few friends that live around Arlov and (I think) Greenwich.

Neither of which are of the most social individuals, but I feel you, the

extroverted stigma over there is almost repressive to a person 

like me (And them).

Except I sleep with my wife on one side of me and my 6 month old in a crib on the other. Yeahhh.... IEMs are a must.

Except I sleep with my wife on one side of me and my 6 month old in a crib on the other. Yeahhh.... IEMs are a must.

Ouch, my first point still stands though, you risk infection regardless.

I wear headphones while I sleep.

Eclipse Version 3: i5 9600K | Asus Strix Z390| GTX 1070 | 16GB Kingston Beast | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD [2] +WD Blue 1TB | NZXT H440 | EVGA 750 W | Dark Rock Pro 4| Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium

So, I guess the only ones who do this are me and Linus? Because the only recommendation has been what Linus has used - IE80s for $450 or Flux Pros for $100.

:/

I do. I wear the SE215 LTD with the foam tips almost everynight and they are really comfortable,stays in place and block almost all the noise from my room standing fan. I rarely move/roll when I'm sleeping and I actually wash the foam tips with anti-bacterial soap every week.

atrash, do you have any trouble with cord tangles? Every one I've had that did not have flat cables has been a tangle nightmare for me.