How to stop vibrations in a bay res combo?

Hi, I currently have an xspc bay res/pump combo in my loop - http://www.xs-pc.com/water-pumps/d5-dual-bay-reservoirpump-combo -

The noise that is coming from it is really loud and I think a lot of it may be coming from vibrations. Is there any way that I can effectively decouple the pump or deaden the vibrations? I can hear the pump from almost 15 meters away in my house (50 feet) while the case is closed.

I appreciate any help that you can give.

Page not working.

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

Have you lowered the pump speed?

It must be bad mounting though. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Page not working.

Link works fine for me.

Have you lowered the pump speed?

It must be bad mounting though. 

It is a non-vario model. I tried lowering it to 7v with the molex mod trick, but the pump wouldn't work with it.

@Mcdoorknob try shining a flash light from one side, and see where al the gaps are and try to fill in the gaps with double sided tape, or styrofoam / foam of some sort.

It should help a bit, but don't be overly hopeful

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Near same res pump combo, difference being my res cam deeper, pump is 90degrees to yours, and is then inside of res housing, not extruding from case.
I know on mine the res has rubber dampened nuts, therefore if yours is the same, do not over tighten them nuts, just keep em snug. this will absorb most vibration. 
Also i have a PWM D5 pump so i am not sure on my speed vrs yours, but when i maxed my pump speed to bleed system, combo still ran near silent. 
so maybe see if the pump itself isnt faulty in the sens of a unbalanced impeller. there should little to no shake from the pump. 
Maybe think about re-tightening the pump to res, the tighter it is to the res the more the res will shake, but if the res itself is vibration damped... ie a rubber nut sorta thing, then it should be a little more silent than the pump vibrating against the res. 
Overall if you still can not solve problem maybe try this res instead at Frozen CPU, or another vendor if need be. that is of course you have the 60$ to spare. I have no complaints with the res at all. 

Hopefully any of my mumble jumble helps
Cheers
Markes12344

NAME: HAF Satlite MOBO: ASUS Maximus Extreme-Z IV CPU: i5 3570K 4.4GHz 1.256V GPU: ASUS 1080Founders RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Red 1600MHz 7-8-8-24 PSU: EVGA 750W Gold STORAGE: 1TB Samsung Evo | 4x4TB WD Green Raid10 OS: 10 x64 Pro COOLING: Custom 360rad CPU under water soon GPU too

NAME: Node Box Server MOBO: Intel DB55SB CPU: i5 750 GPU: ASUS 560DC OC 1GB RAM: 2x2GB Corsair XMP 1333MHz PSU: Coolermaster 1000W Bronze STORAGE: 90GB Corsair FORCE Jails| 5x4TB WD Raidz2 60GB Corsair Force Cache OS: Freenas COOLING: Back to Stock

Near same res pump combo, difference being my res cam deeper, pump is 90degrees to yours, and is then inside of res housing, not extruding from case.

I know on mine the res has rubber dampened nuts, therefore if yours is the same, do not over tighten them nuts, just keep em snug. this will absorb most vibration. 

Also i have a PWM D5 pump so i am not sure on my speed vrs yours, but when i maxed my pump speed to bleed system, combo still ran near silent. 

so maybe see if the pump itself isnt faulty in the sens of a unbalanced impeller. there should little to no shake from the pump. 

Maybe think about re-tightening the pump to res, the tighter it is to the res the more the res will shake, but if the res itself is vibration damped... ie a rubber nut sorta thing, then it should be a little more silent than the pump vibrating against the res. 

Overall if you still can not solve problem maybe try this res instead at Frozen CPU, or another vendor if need be. that is of course you have the 60$ to spare. I have no complaints with the res at all. 

Hopefully any of my mumble jumble helps

Cheers

Markes12344

Mine doesn't have any rubber dampening on it. I don't think the vibrations are being passed where it screws on, but where it sits. I am going to empty my loop and check the inside of my pump to see if anything is gone wrong in there, because there is no way that just vibrations are making all that noise.

I drained my loop last night and took apart my pump to have a look at it.

I'm not sure what it is supposed to look like. Does any of this look damaged?

post-5326-0-89440500-1398451275_thumb.jp

post-5326-0-33842200-1398451284_thumb.jp

post-5326-0-35260500-1398451354_thumb.jp

Also, I'm looking for ways to slow the pump down. Any ideas?

Biggest thing to look for its a big imperfection on the impeller plastic from the mold injection. This will cause vibration. As to slow it down I would presume a resistor wire adapted installed between the pump and fan pin can do it. If it is solely moved connected you can try switching the 12v pin to the 5v pin assuming it only runs off 12v atm. But be advised this is treating the pump like a fan. I by no means can guarantee it is safe for the pump.

Maybe some other browsers will know for sure and can let us know, or Google.

NAME: HAF Satlite MOBO: ASUS Maximus Extreme-Z IV CPU: i5 3570K 4.4GHz 1.256V GPU: ASUS 1080Founders RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Red 1600MHz 7-8-8-24 PSU: EVGA 750W Gold STORAGE: 1TB Samsung Evo | 4x4TB WD Green Raid10 OS: 10 x64 Pro COOLING: Custom 360rad CPU under water soon GPU too

NAME: Node Box Server MOBO: Intel DB55SB CPU: i5 750 GPU: ASUS 560DC OC 1GB RAM: 2x2GB Corsair XMP 1333MHz PSU: Coolermaster 1000W Bronze STORAGE: 90GB Corsair FORCE Jails| 5x4TB WD Raidz2 60GB Corsair Force Cache OS: Freenas COOLING: Back to Stock