Camera Upgrade

So I currently have a Nikon D5600 but I find the dynamic range seriously lacking sometimes. Been thinking about getting a D850 but it's crazy expensive. Any suggestions for a full frame camera with decent dynamic range that doesn't cost over $2,000?

I have used Nikon Z7 II before. The color and dynamic range is decent in those. I'd recommend looking at Z6 II just telling based on that I used Z7 II. I think it is within your budget as well. Might wanna look for adapters to use your current lenses. Look for reviews on Z6 II and see if it suits your needs.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

1 hour ago, kameshss said:

I have used Nikon Z7 II before. The color and dynamic range is decent in those. I'd recommend looking at Z6 II just telling based on that I used Z7 II. I think it is within your budget as well. Might wanna look for adapters to use your current lenses. Look for reviews on Z6 II and see if it suits your needs.

I'll take it one step further and recommend the Z7 and Z6 mark 1's instead of the II. Same exact sensors, but can be had for much cheaper.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

If you're looking to stay in the SLR space, check out a D780 or a used D850 or D810. That should keep you under $2,000.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

• 2 weeks later...

D780 and D750 are both good.  D4s is awesome as well.  A buddy of mine has a D750 and loved it before getting a D850 and loving it even more.  I own a D4s and wouldn't trade it for anything.  They're all great cameras.

"Anger, which, far sweeter than trickling drops of honey, rises in the bosom of a man like smoke."

What exactly is wrong with the dynamic range of the d5600? Do you have any example photos of what you're doing that's causing an issue? The DR of that camera is not exactly low, better than some older full frame cameras.