[AMD] Guess what's coming soon [UPDATE]

pixeldensity

nice  :) so this is the ones use on the XBO and PS4 ?

Dont forget the PS4 uses GDDR. On the PC ddr3 bandwidth is still the limit.

This one is the PS4 APU layout:

video-ps4-amd-jaguar-cpu-1-8ghz-rumors-m

Dont forget the PS4 uses GDDR. On the PC ddr3 bandwidth is still the limit.

This one is the PS4 APU layout:

nice  :wub:

nice  :) so this is the ones use on the XBO and PS4 ?

The APU found in the PS4 and XBox One are based off Kabini (Jaguar architecture). The Athlon 5350 is a smaller version of them. Beema uses the existing Jaguar architecture, but with a new tweaked and improved Puma core. Which is rumored (from AMD @ CES 2014) to be around 20-24% faster than its predecessor at equal or less power consumption. I personally cannot wait to see how well the flagship desktop AM1 variant performs against the Athlon 5350.

Athlon 5350 + HD 6850 - BF4 MP @ 1080p on High settings. Solid 30 FPS.

At this rate, and the rate games are going (heavily threaded) I personally wouldn't mind a 12 core Puma CPU.  ^_^

Beema Mobile

Capture.png

huh? how would that be any different? and what APU's have too good graphics for your liking or something?

No it's just AMD has decided that the gpu side of an APU is more important then the CPU. I disagree. A CPU should be a CPU and a GPU should be a GPU. Keep the two separate or at least have the GPU weak enough so it doesn't become a detriment to the CPU.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

How did you manage to drag the Xbox into this conversation? More so, do name HSA powered applications on it.

If they aren't interested on making it on a closed platform then there is no way of making them on it on an open platform.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

To me it makes sense that they come out with new CPU's that have a smaller die. And the die is so small that you need a glass to see it? Maybe? 

Battlefield 4 is 64 bit as well, I see where you are coming from, but I respectfully disagree. I guess we will have to wait and see :)

Most games and most applications run in a 32-bit environment. I would imagine it is 5% of all applications are 64-bit the rest are 32-bit and will probably never get converted. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

No it's just AMD has decided that the gpu side of an APU is more important then the CPU. I disagree. A CPU should be a CPU and a GPU should be a GPU. Keep the two separate or at least have the GPU weak enough so it doesn't become a detriment to the CPU.

Completely agree, they need to stop giving the radeon cores so much space and add more CPU cores.

the transition from 16 bit system to full 32 bit took almost a decade 

but judging from how new technology is churning out so quickly like 64bit ARM processors

full 64 bit apps and software could be close by.

you guys think AMD might even release the official desktop version of the APU use in the PS4 and Xbox One?

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

the transition from 16 bit system to full 32 bit took almost a decade 

but judging from how new technology is churning out so quickly like 64bit ARM processors

full 64 bit apps and software could be close by.

you guys think AMD might even release the official desktop version of the APU use in the PS4 and Xbox One?

Who knows they might release something pretty damn close to the APU in the PS4 down the line, well if they just keep updating the APUs they will eventually match the performance anyway with less cores for the CPU and GPU.

Going forward with 64bit programs, there are probably going to be applications that will never really need more the 4GB of ram, but games will. Over the next gen we are going to see game need more than 4GB which forces the system to be 64bit.

Who knows they might release something pretty damn close to the APU in the PS4 down the line, well if they just keep updating the APUs they will eventually match the performance anyway with less cores for the CPU and GPU.

Going forward with 64bit programs, there are probably going to be applications that will never really need more the 4GB of ram, but games will. Over the next gen we are going to see game need more than 4GB which forces the system to be 64bit.

game will still be stuck with 4GB limit unless there is a huge update to the game engine

but Adobe Creative Suite and 3D and video rendering do need hack a lot of RAM although still cannot match the amount of RAM used for rendering scenes for blockbuster movies like Transformer, Pacific Rim etc.

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

And here's why they call it an APU, technically intels CPU's could also be called APUs.

I know that you know this but I don't get why you're against it?

It's just like putting a regular CPU and a discrete graphics card together but you wouldn't care if said CPU was a pentium 4? Because that's a TRUE CPU? They simply put the two together to save space, money and power efficiency in a way they're capable of doing and isn't that just fine?

If they aren't interested on making it on a closed platform then there is no way of making them on it on an open platform.

That sentence is absolutely incomprehensible. Discarded.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

And here's why they call it an APU, technically intels CPU's could also be called APUs.

I know that you know this but I don't get why you're against it?

It's just like putting a regular CPU and a discrete graphics card together but you wouldn't care if said CPU was a pentium 4? Because that's a TRUE CPU? They simply put the two together to save space, money and power efficiency in a way they're capable of doing and isn't that just fine?

How is it fine. AMD is making the CPU terrible to account for good integrated graphics. I don't understand why AMD thinks making a CPU bad is a good idea. If AMD just stopped this APU thing and made a CPU with powerful individual cores it would compete with Intel. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

It's the dream, a Phenom III X8 2100T :rolleyes:

for the record :rolleyes: 

this can be the new Opteron X class also  :D

game will still be stuck with 4GB limit unless there is a huge update to the game engine

but Adobe Creative Suite and 3D and video rendering do need hack a lot of RAM although still cannot match the amount of RAM used for rendering scenes for blockbuster movies like Transformer, Pacific Rim etc.

Yeah i know all that :P. That's what I meant by going forward with gaming. Watch Dog min specs is 6GB ram, that's not even a year into the now current gen of gaming. Imagine what it will be like in 2 or 3 years.

And yeah those programs can easily use all the RAM you can fit into a pc. I do 3d animation and visual effects work so I know how quickly RAM can be consumed.

How is it fine. AMD is making the CPU terrible to account for good integrated graphics. I don't understand why AMD thinks making a CPU bad is a good idea. If AMD just stopped this APU thing and made a CPU with powerful individual cores it would compete with Intel.

But they can't, and that's the reason that they haven't released anything after the 8350(and those oveclocked ones). The cores they use in the 7850k are the same cores they would have put into the next FX-series but what would the point be? Everything is still built upon their bulldozer architecture which was at launch far behind intel in IPC and they simple don't have the funds for RnD to make something that much better.

The future lies with SoC and right now they're trying to save money so that they won't be utterly crushed when Intel completely changes focus.

i think it's Beema.

Major changes on cpu side only with the new finfet produccion metode at Goflo is ready to go (tanks to samsung/ goflo partenership ) AMD win's a new manufacturing process and can be closer to Intel at least in the manufacturing tec.

Maybe a cpu to compete with the i5 4670k in performance?  the 8350 was great, but it wasnt as fast in single threaded things.  If AMD releases a processor cheaper than Intel's and the same speeds, they could control the sweet spot gaming processor market in months!  

or a powerful apu would also be cool.  Although I think AMD still has to get something to compete with the i5,  

OMG A NEW PROCESSOR? AM3+ OR A NEW HIGH END CHIP??? PLEASE???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Oh... who am I kidding, AMD doesn't care about the high end anymore. I'd totally sell my i5 and get an AMD if it was better.

Video Game, Anime and Tech Fan! 

Current Build - CPU: Intel Xeon x5660 @ 4.2GHZ / MOBO: ASUS P6T / COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 + / GPU: Radeon HD 7970 / RAM 8GB Corsair XMS3 / STORAGE: OCZ Agility 3 60gb, WD Blue 1TB / CASE: Bitfenix Shinobi PSU / Antec Earthwatts 500w / DISPLAY: Asus 23 inch @1080p, Dell 19 inch @ 1440x900, Seiki SE42UM @ 4K 

Mobile Devices: HP Chromebook 14, 3DS XL, Vita, Samsung Note 4, LG G Pad 8.3, Chuwi Hi8, NEX-3N

It would be awesome if it were their Steamroller CPU's that I have been waited for, for ever.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

well, as far as i know... there is one rare CPU in the way, with 16 cores for the normal person (so... is not this one), but "all" is still much on dark in that place yet (non sources are available so far)

:ph34r: 

It's yet another quad core APU that probably isn't going in any of my future builds. If they really want APU's to get anywhere besides low end budget builds and facebook machines they better focus on core performance. Unified CPU and GPU is definitely the future, but you're not going to get anywhere with the performance of an entry level mobile i5. C'mon AMD, It's a great idea and I want to like you, but weak APU's make me cry.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB