Vertical vs Horizontal GPU water-cooling

Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,

I've seen a number of different vertical water cooled cards, it's not that uncommon. This should be fine. 

Just make sure that the reservoir is going to be above the pump, else you are liable to kill the pump. 

I am planning a very basic looking wall mounted PC and am planning on water cooling. I am planning out my loop and placement right now and I noticed that my water block of the GPU would make it vertical, as shown below.

20220610_174847.thumb.jpg.2d0c26655559dabf58a761cd9e846359.jpg

I've seen photos of air cooled GPUs in this position, but not water cooled graphics cards.

Do you think it will cause any issues? Additional information:

-Inlet is currently on top

-I'm like 90% certain I will replace that pump before I even start the loop

-My use case is 1080p gaming at and above 60 Hz and YouTube (with occasional editing and 3D modeling)

I've seen a number of different vertical water cooled cards, it's not that uncommon. This should be fine. 

Just make sure that the reservoir is going to be above the pump, else you are liable to kill the pump. 

29 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Male to male insert to make it sit right on top and have an easy way to bleed out bubbles. Good call though.

On 6/11/2022 at 1:11 AM, RONOTHAN## said:

Funny thing about a reservoir is that as long as the outlet tube is at the bottom it doesnt really matter where it sits as it will eventually always collect all the air in a loop.

Similar to how closed filter systems for fish tanks and such work. Eventually the pump will microbubble it all out.

Course ita by far the best if you can just not have to do this 😛