Move over farmers, Milk-Bots (and his robot friends) are doing it better...Cows are happier.

nicehat

Still dont think robots will be taking over the world? They probably already have alot to do with your food supply.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H_gi3TtvcE

It looks like cows are perfectly capable of deciding when they need to be milked. The benefits of using robots to milk those good old cows are many. The robots work around the clock, improving efficiency. Because the cows are able to be milked more often, they're in less pain. And the farmers get to sleep just a tiny bit more or concentrate on the millions of other things that have to be done. 

Robotic milking machines are just one aspect of farming that has become more automated in recent years. Robots are also being used to round up cows in the field, a 2013 article from the BBC. Amazingly, the cows were unfazed by an unmanned robotic rover patrolling the fields and took to it quite easily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7WSpbEs4Gc

Also, be sure to check out the "lettuce bot

The "Wine Bot"

The "Nursery Bot"

The "Bee Bot"  :lol:

And lastly, the "Hamster Bot"

Using GPS and wi-fi technology, the device aims to collect information about soil composition, temperature, moisture and plant health, then broadcast it back to the farmer.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-24955943

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/cows-make-friends-with-robots--everybody-s-happier-135937575.html

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

As long as it don't cost me anyting it is fine with me :D

Edit: I can't see the 4 video!

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK RAM: Kingston Beast 8GB (2 x 4GB) SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HHD Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB GPU Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 PSU: Corsair RM 550W OS: Windows 8.1 Wireless network: Asus pce-n53 (Broken)

As long as it don't cost me anyting it is fine with me :D

Edit: I can't see the 4 video!

The fourth video? The lettuce-bot one? I edited with an embedded video. 

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

Pretty cool tech we have here.

Sorry for the convoluted speech pattern.

Does this mean we can finally get rid of Daylight Saving Time?

Milkbots are pretty much standard in danish farming. They are fully automatic, and the cows freely and voluntarily steps into the machine when they feel they need milking. Pretty awesome :D

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Does this mean we can finally get rid of Daylight Saving Time?

DST was originally imagined to give people more sun, and was adopted during the first World War by Germany to save energy. Nothing do with farmers.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

I thought this was going to be some stupid game like Goat Simulator...

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)