Can I mount a fan on both sides of my radiator?

Matthew Graham

I have recently replaced the fan on my radiator with a new one, however it doesn't have the same rpm as my previous one. this is causing my CPU to reach high temperatures. Can I get another fan, with a higher rpm to mount on the other side of the radiator to keep it cool?

7 minutes ago, Matthew Graham said:

I have recently replaced the fan on my radiator with a new one, however it doesn't have the same rpm as my previous one. this is causing my CPU to reach high temperatures. Can I get another fan, with a higher rpm to mount on the other side of the radiator to keep it cool?

Yes, push/ pull config is a thing, although you really need to research which type of fans work best in that config, a faster fan on one side and a slower fan on the other may cause issues, turbulence, dead areas etc. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can chime in.

7 minutes ago, DigitalGoat said:

Yes, push/ pull config is a thing, although you really need to research which type of fans work best in that config, a faster fan on one side and a slower fan on the other may cause issues, turbulence, dead areas etc. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can chime in.

I'm going to send the one I currently have back to the shop and order a one with a rpm the same as the one I replaced originally because I don't want to risk messing up the air flow

I'm looking for a new fan for my cpu cooler radiator, however, I don't know where to start. My old fan, which is now broken, had a speed of 2200 rpm. the new corsair CO-9050071-WW LL120 mm Dual Light Loop RGB LED PWM Fan which I installed only has a rpm of 1600, which is causing my cpu to be warmer than it was with my previous fan. I need a new fan (preferably with rgb, and not noctua brown) to use as my radiator fan which has an rpm of 2200 or higher. 

14 minutes ago, Matthew Graham said:

I'm going to send the one I currently have back to the shop and order a one with a rpm the same as the one I replaced originally because I don't want to risk messing up the air flow

High static pressure fans are great for radiators. 

PC Setup: 

HYTE Y60 White/Black + Custom ColdZero ventilation sidepanel

Intel Core i7-10700K + Corsair Hydro Series H100x

G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 32GB (F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR)

ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3080Ti OC LC

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-G GAMING (Wi-Fi)

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Crucial MX500 2TB

Crucial MX300 1TB

Corsair HX1200i

Peripherals: 

Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 G95NC 57"

Samsung Odyssey Neo G7 32"

ASUS ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition Wireless

ASUS ROG Claymore II Wireless

ASUS ROG Sheath BLK LTD'

Corsair SP2500

Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO X (Limited Editon) & Beyerdynamic TYGR 300R + FiiO K7 DAC/AMP

RØDE VideoMic II + Elgato WAVE Mic Arm

Racing SIM Setup: 

Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Sim Racing Cockpit + Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Single Screen holder

Svive Racing D1 Seat

Samsung Odyssey G9 49"

Simagic Alpha Mini

Simagic GT4 (Dual Clutch)

CSL Elite Pedals V2

Logitech K400 Plus

37 minutes ago, Matthew Graham said:

Just curious.
Which fan you're using previously, and which fan you bought for replacement.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

If you want to stay within corsair you want to use their SP (Static Pressure) line of fans. These are designed for radiators. 

11 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Just curious.
Which fan you're using previously, and which fan you bought for replacement.

I was using a fan called a silverstone Air Blazer 120R, which came with the cpu water cooler I bought, and the replacement fan is a corsair LL120

3 hours ago, Matthew Graham said:

I was using a fan called a silverstone Air Blazer 120R, which came with the cpu water cooler I bought, and the replacement fan is a corsair LL120

Is this for a 120mm AIO? They’re not known to be great anyway. If you’re looking to get the most of out it, then you’d have to use identical fans I would’ve thought. But a decent air cooler would probably get the job done too..

1 hour ago, Matthew Graham said:

I don't know where to start

You could’ve asked this in your other thread.

Anyway, most Corsairs are overpriced & underperforming fans.

Some of the best value static pressure fans are Arctic Bionix P120 & P12. But if you want RGB, then the Arctic P12 ARGB would fit in more case scenarios than the Bionix ARGB.

The only Corsair fan worth buying for noise/performance are the new ML120/ML140 Elite. But they are costly. Some of the other ones are fine if you're going for looks (aesthetics) primarily.

You can but unless you have quite a fat radiator, there's no point. If you want Corsair, the only ones worth buying for noise/performance are the new ML120/ML140 Elite. But they are costly. Some of the other ones are fine if you're going for looks (aesthetics) primarily.