GPU or Monitor Upgrade first?

So guys,

I have RTX3060 and LG 32GK650F-B 32, 144 Hz Monitor.

System

AMD R9 5900x

64 GB RAM

850W PSU

I usually only play a couple of games, Destiny2, Sniper Elite, etc.

There is nothing wrong with the PC

But I want to upgrade either of the 2 parts I mentioned in the header.

GPU or Monitor?

3060 is doing good, monitor is 144Hz as well.

If I was to upgrade one of these which would make more sense?

GPU Upgrade to RTX3070ti/3080

or

Monitor upgrade to Samsung G7 240 Hz?

Both are about the same price.

Which upgrade first makes more sense?

I would upgrade the gpu first because

a) you don't know if prices are going to skyrocket in the next couple months/weeks with the release of all the new gpu's and

b) you can't take full advantage of the 240hz with a 3060, so by buying a gpu first you can up your settings and get 144 fps on your current monitor

Specs: 11700 | RTX 3060 | 32gb 3200mhz | 1tb 970 + 2TB HDD | Lian Li O11D Mini X Black

I'm 15 and live in the US

I see no reason to upgrade the LG 1440p 144Hz monitor, and if ever you want to get a 4K or ultrawide monitor instead then your GPU won't be enough!

And if you're playing SE and Destiny2 I don't think you will have any advantage with 240Hz instead of 144

So I'd upgrade the GPU, get a 3080 if you can afford it (they just hit MSRP at $700 in some stores!)

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

5 minutes ago, cat milker said:

I would upgrade the gpu first because

a) you don't know if prices are going to skyrocket in the next couple months/weeks with the release of all the new gpu's and

b) you can't take full advantage of the 240hz with a 3060, so by buying a gpu first you can up your settings and get 144 fps on your current monitor

I was thinking the same, but then Youtube screwed me up.🤣.. so I came to my friends here for advice...

Nothing worse than having a ferrari to be used but doesn't have fuel for it.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

On 6/2/2022 at 11:14 AM, Poinkachu said:

Nothing worse than having a ferrari to be used but doesn't have fuel for it.

??? 🤔

Just now, The_Geek said:

??? 🤔

Having a fast monitor without the GPU capable of providing it with enough fps gonna make you feel awful.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

18 hours ago, Poinkachu said:

Having a fast monitor without the GPU capable of providing it with enough fps gonna make you feel awful.

I do understand that, I am going to buy both but not together, that was my question, which one First would make the most sense... and I am agreeing with the replies, I am of the same opinion, GPU and then Monitor.