Instagram to display amber alerts.

ma3str0

Instagram is launching app amber alerts to users so they can see if there are missing children nearby it is activated by police or law enforcement if your in the search area it appears as a part of your feed it uses location services and IP address if they have it on 

Instagram announced today that it’s launching in-app Amber Alerts to allow users to see and share notices of missing children in their area. With this new feature, if an Amber Alert is activated by law enforcement and you are in the designated search area, the alert will now appear in your Instagram feed. Instagram says it uses available information in order to determine who to show the alerts to, such as the city listed on a user’s profile, their IP address and location services, if they have it turned on.

I think this is a good way to inform people that there is a amber alert but It doesn't mean that they want to do something about the amber alert or even care and just turn it off also if they don't turn on location services it doesn't help the situation 

Sources

https://techcrunch.com/2022/06/01/instagram-amber-alerts/

2 minutes ago, Forbidden Wafer said:

Pretty cool, but it is just Facebook trying to find excuses to spy on everyone.

True

I mean don’t phones do this already?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

@ma3str0, this thread is missing couple points from Tech News guidelines. For one, your preface needs to be your self-written. Currently its copy-pasted from Techcrunch. If you copy-paste something, put it in quote box to make clear its not your own text. Also, you are missing personal thoughts about this subject. Unless these things are fixed, this thread will be moved out of Tech News section.

You can read guidelines here:

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, Marko1600 said:

Depp Alerts

I never Heard of that so it must be a load of Shit.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

-= Moved to General Discussion =-

Please update your post as requested. Currently you are in violation of Plagiarism since you are not properly crediting the copy/pasted opening remarks.

If not correced by the time you log in next thitopic will be removed. 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER