Battery Health iPhone 12

straigh to the point after a year of using iphone 12  i finally reached 89% battery health. kinda ridiculous. i dont use phone for gaming. literally only for Social Media. with a fast charging brick from apple. i check the cycle is almost 300. is this normal? some people had above 90 after one year. 

for the first 6 month only 4/5 percent loss. then i lose another 4 over 4 month. then for one month i lose 1. and within weeks lose another 2.

5-4-2 .

6 month - 4 month - 2 month

Question:

1. is it normal?

2. does the fast charging damage?

3. what cause this?

4. if ur using iphone what is ur battery health over span ?

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

my iphone 12 mini is at 81%, about the same amount of time using it, a little over a year. i only use it for basic use, social media, youtube, no games either. the battery life is horrible on 12th gen imo.

48 minutes ago, Wolfycapt said:

1. is it normal?

3. what cause this?

4. if ur using iphone what is ur battery health over span ?

1. For the 12 Series, kinda, its been known that their batteries don't exactly age that well compared to others. But even then, 11% over 300 Cycles and a year sounds about right. IIRC Apple only rates them for 500 Cycles until they reach 80% Health. 

2. It does wear it a bit faster but realistically even going with something like 12W and 5W charging, its not going to save it much more, maybe a couple percent. 

3. Batteries just wear over time, and numerous factors can cause the battery to wear, heat, usage, cycles, etc. 

4. I was at 90% after 2 years on my XR with mainly 12W Charging, and about 5 months of fast charging. My 13 since launch (so about 8 months) with mainly 20W charging and 12W During the nights is at 97%

Chicago Bears fan, Bear Down

@bmx6454bettter buy IP 11 then my friend has it 2 years. 85 percent health. damn. i bouhgt 12 because its small. stupid apple

@SlashedMwow. thats good

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

2 hours ago, Wolfycapt said:

1. is it normal?

Yes, batteries wear out over time

No, as long as the battery doesn't get warm during charging, just keep the battery cool while fast charging

3. what cause this?

For one, normal wear and two, no battery has 100% capacity out of the factory. The battery of my Samsung Galaxy A52s is on 91% after half a year and it came with around 92%. If you want to keep your battery for as long as possible, try to avoid charging it to above 85%. Doing that causes 1/3rd of the wear compared to fully charging it

Edited by DreamCat04

14 hours ago, Wolfycapt said:

i finally reached 89% battery health. kinda ridiculous.

I have an XR and my battery health is still 91% after like 3+ years of usage. Of course I might not use my phone to the extent you use yours. I normally use mine for social media, email, texts, calls and surfing the web. I can go a day or two without charging in most cases. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.