Best phone to upgrade to from a Galaxy S9

GamerGuyEbby

My current phone is an S9 and I haven't had it that long, I got it for free from my carrier because they stopped support for the phone I had before which was a Motorola One Hyper which I actually rather liked. My biggest problem with the S9 right now is the charging port is intermittent and while I could probably get it fixed I don't think its really worth it for a phone I don't really like anyway. So here are some the requirements it must have:

• Needs
    • micro sd card storage (at least 500gb)
    • headphone jack
    • decent camera
    • nano sim card 
    • I'd prefer not samsung

So let me know what you guys have in mind and I'll take a look, thank you.

Have you cleaned out the charging port? Lot of the time just a simple cleaning out of the port fixes the charging issue unless you are having a broken port issue then rip.

Do you REALLY need a Micro SD card if you have 256/512 GB internal storage? Do you take out the sim card and such for pictures? 

Headphone jack is pretty much limited to a few of the gaming phones, Some Sony phones, and a few others.  It heavily depends on what carrier you use as they have to be able to support it.

8 minutes ago, GamerGuyEbby said:

My current phone is an S9 and I haven't had it that long, I got it for free from my carrier because they stopped support for the phone I had before which was a Motorola One Hyper which I actually rather liked. My biggest problem with the S9 right now is the charging port is intermittent and while I could probably get it fixed I don't think its really worth it for a phone I don't really like anyway. So here are some the requirements it must have:

• Needs
    • micro sd card storage (at least 500gb)
    • headphone jack
    • decent camera
    • nano sim card 
    • I'd prefer not samsung

So let me know what you guys have in mind and I'll take a look, thank you.

Xperia 5 and Xperia 10 series are worth a look.  Sony is the dark-horse of smartphone makers--and they make a stupid good product.

20 hours ago, Shimejii said:

Have you cleaned out the charging port? Lot of the time just a simple cleaning out of the port fixes the charging issue unless you are having a broken port issue then rip.

Do you REALLY need a Micro SD card if you have 256/512 GB internal storage? Do you take out the sim card and such for pictures? 

Headphone jack is pretty much limited to a few of the gaming phones, Some Sony phones, and a few others.  It heavily depends on what carrier you use as they have to be able to support it.

heavily disagree, when you need to relocate data between phones cameras and computers, when you fill up your phone, if you game, if you need to travel, or just need cheap storage, microsd is a godsend compared to cloud hosting

check your cables!
samsung s10e | android enthusiast | Tech blogger | XC Athlete | Surface pro 4

6 minutes ago, kamonanban said:

heavily disagree, when you need to relocate data between phones cameras and computers, when you fill up your phone, if you game, if you need to travel, or just need cheap storage, microsd is a godsend compared to cloud hosting

Where does Cloud hosting come into the conversation? If you fill  up your phone on 256 GB of storage or 512, you have a fairly large issue that you need to declutter and just offload the Videos to a computer. Gaming shouldn't take up THAT much on the phone, unless you are playing massive games, and i dont know that many that take up that much space on the mobile. Going between phones I dont think thats a good idea to swap back and forth without properly formatting, it can easily cause corruption, although that issue was mostly an issue with older phones and SD cards, haven't had to swap in a while.