URGENT!! 2 GPUS are not being recognized on my Mobo

SoapyTV

Im getting desperate at this point. I just bought the IbuyPower Snowblind S case for my build. I simply just needed to migrate my build to the new case. Easy. Tested everything before connecting and trying to power the lcd panel, everything works fine, no issues. Found cables I can use to power the LCD panel, a 6 pin to two molex connectors, and a small cable of female molex connectors. I connected the 6 pin to molex to my PSU, then that to the female cable, finally that to the molex connector on the case. Initially I plugged in both of the splitters from the 6 ping to two female connectors which in turn wouldn't let my system power on. After disconnecting one it powered on, but noticed that I suddenly wasn't getting a display from my 3070ti, I also had a gtx980 plugged in and running so I moved my display cable to that and it was working. I then plugged the HDMI for the LCD panel into my GPU and within 30s it was trying to catch fire, the HDMI cable was. I gave up on getting the side panel running and started working on getting my GPU back up. tried reseating in different slots, tried using a different PSU cable, and re-installed drivers. Then while on a support chat with NVIDIA the GTX 980 suddenly ends up in the same state as the 3070ti. No longer recognized by my motherboard, PCIe slots shows as empty in BIOS, but it does power on with the pc. I have not got to test these cards on other pc's yet, but I am using the system I just described currently, the video card is a spare like office workstation quadro I had. Works fine and took drivers but I can't get my 3070ti or gtx980 to be recognized. More concerned for the 3070ti of course but would like  to figure out the problem

1 hour ago, SoapyTV said:

Im getting desperate at this point. I just bought the IbuyPower Snowblind S case for my build. I simply just needed to migrate my build to the new case. Easy. Tested everything before connecting and trying to power the lcd panel, everything works fine, no issues. Found cables I can use to power the LCD panel, a 6 pin to two molex connectors, and a small cable of female molex connectors. I connected the 6 pin to molex to my PSU, then that to the female cable, finally that to the molex connector on the case. Initially I plugged in both of the splitters from the 6 ping to two female connectors which in turn wouldn't let my system power on. After disconnecting one it powered on, but noticed that I suddenly wasn't getting a display from my 3070ti, I also had a gtx980 plugged in and running so I moved my display cable to that and it was working. I then plugged the HDMI for the LCD panel into my GPU and within 30s it was trying to catch fire, the HDMI cable was. I gave up on getting the side panel running and started working on getting my GPU back up. tried reseating in different slots, tried using a different PSU cable, and re-installed drivers. Then while on a support chat with NVIDIA the GTX 980 suddenly ends up in the same state as the 3070ti. No longer recognized by my motherboard, PCIe slots shows as empty in BIOS, but it does power on with the pc. I have not got to test these cards on other pc's yet, but I am using the system I just described currently, the video card is a spare like office workstation quadro I had. Works fine and took drivers but I can't get my 3070ti or gtx980 to be recognized. More concerned for the 3070ti of course but would like  to figure out the problem

Need computer specs to have an opinion. Also what is this for?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Specs

MB: MSI x570 edge gaming wifi

GPU1: RTX 3070ti

GPU2: GTX980

CPU: Ryzen 7 5600x

RAM: GSkill Ripjaw x2 16gb modules

Storage: Currently only 1 M.2 drive is connected.

I was moving my system from a cheaper budget case to the IBuyPower Snowblind S. The system turned on and ran fine when i tested it after getting it put together, this was without connecting the Molex to power the LCD side panel. After I connected power to the side panel, the above described issues happened

56 minutes ago, SoapyTV said:

Specs

MB: MSI x570 edge gaming wifi

GPU1: RTX 3070ti

GPU2: GTX980

CPU: Ryzen 7 5600x

RAM: GSkill Ripjaw x2 16gb modules

Storage: Currently only 1 M.2 drive is connected.

I was moving my system from a cheaper budget case to the IBuyPower Snowblind S. The system turned on and ran fine when i tested it after getting it put together, this was without connecting the Molex to power the LCD side panel. After I connected power to the side panel, the above described issues happened

Still need to know what it’s for.  If it’s a gaming or arts machine we pull the 980 and run from there.  (You will likely sell the 980.  I’m actually sort of in the market for one, I’d prefer a 980ti, but a 980 would work.  It’s a monitor thing on an old machine.  The 9xx series were the last cards to do true analog video) If it’s something else like a science machine or a miner we try to make it work with both cards in place.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

its a multipurpose machine, Im not here to discuss about what its used for. It needs to work. Sure if you want my 980 you can make an offer but not here. I do gaming, music recording and produce, graphics design, coding, I do a lot on here. Can we focus on the issue please?